Insurance - what am I doing wrong?! Seems steep...

msisleman

All sorted with Footman James, with more policy features like more abroad use, commuting, agreed value, guaranteed salvage buy back, and a load of other stuff, for £156. Not entirely fair on the others as this time I added my Dad (which I was planning on doing anyway - thanks for the reminder Quinten), but I'm fairly sure that wasn't the only factor.

That'll do!

That does sound steep, I'm with aplan & pay sub £200 for a s2000. Did you phone the thatcham number for aplan?

I used to be with footman James, I didn't think they did kit at insurance anymore.

I don't think I tried the Thatcham number, not sure, got the number from the forum though on one of their posts.

FJ do seem to do kit car specific, she even mentioned it was a kitcar specific scheme.

I have a 3.5 V8 and with A Plan I pay just under £200 - and I am 35... 

Adrian Flux - My own insurer for my VW T5 quoted me £350 on a "special offer" - I laughed!

From experience it is best to phone and get at least three quotes.  I started of with a quote for £260, second one I told them I had already been quoted £190, they bettered it at £175, third company I told them I had already been quoted £145 (trying my luck) and ended up being quoted and paying £130 including breakdown cover!

Could of just been luck!

• Like 1

Just for anyone else looking for Insurance. A Plan quoted me 205 for my renewal.

Phoned FootmanJames yesterday very helpful and interested.

Got a kitcar specific policy fully comp, legal cover, agreed value with no hassle 35 days Europe cover 2.0l XE engine with full roll cage £153 all in. Im 28

I've just renewed with Classicline, £175 or thereabouts for my SEI (I'm 28).