Insurance - what am I doing wrong?! Seems steep...

msisleman

Am I going to the wrong places for quotes? So far A Plan £397, Adrian Flux £325 and Brentacre £325. For my Megablade btw.

I know it depends on addresses ages etc etc (my post code is good and I'm 30 for the record) but these are double what I was expecting. I've explained plenty of past ownership of quick rwd cars to them and plenty of kit car and bike engined car experience.

Am i expecting too cheap?

Oh and Footman James are calling me back...

Odd. Bike engines and full cages seem to be loaded up a bit generally though... What mileage are you planning to do / declaring?

None of them have asked about cage or not, in fact only one asked if i had any mods (she then explained on a kit car this only relates to the engine - if its standard output or not).

3,000 miles a year max limit I've declared. I'll almost definitely do less than this but wasn't sure the difference would be too huge, and wanted to be safe with my estimate...

Hmm. No further 'tricks' to offer from here, sorry, sounds like you have them all covered!

Blimey that does seem a bit steep I presume it's in a locked garage etc etc have you asked for commuting to work as that might add a bit on , just as a comparison I'm really lucky to have a good post code as well , I'm 36 c20xe engine and have commuting on my policy and pay £95 fully comp 3000 miles from A plan . Did you mention club membership as you should get a discount for that

Try 2gether insurance 01945 465508

Did you call the Thatcham branch of A-plan, as other branches who aren't kit car orientated may quote less favourably.

Yes that's garaged etc.

Thanks guys, other options there.

I was hoping for sub £200 at most...

I might have to do that anyway to be fair as my dad will want a go - thanks for reminding me.

By the time your DVLA reg comes through you may be 31...

True... *Sigh*