Who's at Aintree this Saturday?

pickmaster Andy Lowe

The cars are NEVER in any order at Aintree and you just park on the right hand side before the building 

Aintree is because they dropped the 3 sisters on the Sunday but I have had words about that.

Also heard mutterings that it's cos the target times are hard.

This didn't stop me entering earlier in year as nice to do one local to me. Was entered this weekend but unfortunately had to cancel.

panda is on board!!! hoping for a PB

We had a great time, except that Pickmaster had serious mechanical problem, and Gary had a gremlin. But a little birdy tells me that all will be revealed in a blog shortly. In the absence of Tel's Tales, we may have Sally's Scribbles.

Gary and I couldn't understand why his class F target was easier than my class D target, however. Gary's target in class F was 46.13, mine in class D was 45.35!! Is there a mistake somewhere?

• Like 2

Stephen ....there is no mistake with the times

Class D was a record set last year by John Hoyle 

Class F had a record of 46.85 but this was more than 2% from the average calculated time for F so it was made more difficult and reduced to 46.13secs.

Remember individual tracks can throw up an anomaly but the targets are either records or calculated/checked on average times for all events on this years calendar

Hope that helps 

What was your problem Andy?

Andy broke a drive shaft :(  I broke my target time :)

Stephen ....there is no mistake with the times

Class D was a record set last year by John Hoyle 

Class F had a record of 46.85 but this was more than 2% from the average calculated time for F so it was made more difficult and reduced to 46.13secs.

Remember individual tracks can throw up an anomaly but the targets are either records or calculated/checked on average times for all events on this years calendar

Hope that helps 

The class C target for Snetterton is a bug bear of mine. I believe it was calculated and Ive been twice in good weather and got nowhere near it. I might die trying though - hopefully not literally

John 

Snetterton Class C calculated target time is 95.23 secs and you have come close with a best of 95.85secs so only 0.62 off the time!!!!!!!!

If you want to see some times that are hard to get close to try Class D or G

Had a brilliant day, I had 3 objectives.... finish 4th get, a personal best and cross the line above 100mph

got 4th, broke my pb 3 times, didn't manage the 100!

My only niggle was the points didn't reflect the good day I had. So my learning point is keep spreadsheets of times, and  this shows my happy day and the sunburnt nose

aintree.jpg

if anyone wants a copy of the spreadsheet its here

46.51 is the record set by John Loudon and the Class A target you have is 2% easier

As we all improve and go quicker due to tyres, power, experience the target do get harder

Well done John.

But understand your frustration with points exactly. TT decreased by near 3secs BUT No-one in A has ever acheived it.

We improve but points decrease.

46.51 is the record set by John Loudon and the Class A target you have is 2% easier

As we all improve and go quicker due to tyres, power, experience the target do get harder

im happy with the above, just saying for personal development keeping a record is important.