Who's at Aintree this Saturday?

pickmaster Andy Lowe

I will be there - car number 43

Also -

47 - Stephen Herbert

48 - John Williams

50 - Lee Smith

78 - Garry Bunn

Not a big WSCC entry compared to recent years at the same event but small is beautiful as they say :laugh:

This used to be well supported by us....

There is still a big entry in the event, 140ish I think, hard to fathom why the double lapper at Blyton got only 31 entries?

Andy, there is usually no space allocation, if you get there Fri evening or v early Sat morning park near the club house... that's where John and myself will be....

This used to be well supported by us....

There is still a big entry in the event, 140ish I think, hard to fathom why the double lapper at Blyton got only 31 entries?

Think it was because it was a new event. Aintree is because they dropped the 3 sisters on the Sunday but I have had words about that.
  • Like 1

Think it was because it was a new event. Aintree is because they dropped the 3 sisters on the Sunday but I have had words about that.

It used to be a good weekend for us.....

On the entry comparison Nick, I was just thinking about the driving experience, Aintree is very rewarding when you get it right, which is difficult considering its basically left, right, right; but nothing like as good as 2 laps around Blyton... :-)

Andy, like Garry says, no allocated spaces. I shall be turning up about 7.30am., traffic willing. I'll be parking as near as I can get to the control building on the right. Usually I'm too late to get very close. If you see a space near me you're welcome to join me.

Mind you, I see you are driving a Megapin, and single seaters are normally allocated the all tarmac area near the club house, which is beyond where I normally go, and is on the left.

Would I mess up the scutineering or the grouping to go on track if I just parked where we normally do ?

It seems a faff unhooking and moving trailers limited park area up that end

And I just need to load and shoot off at the end of the day

I wouldn't think so. Just keep your ears peeled on the tannoy. I think the idea of allocating the clubhouse carpark area to single seaters is so they don't have to be pushed too far to the line and its kinder on slick as its a bit cleaner

If anyone knows anyone at Aintree this weekend that will be heading north eastwards after the event can you give me a shout. Possible parts collection opportunity.

Beer awaits!

Rich 07800 898022

rgkerr21@gmail.com

I've just looked down the entry list Rich and there's no-one with a home town near the NE. Nearest is Beverley that I can see. I am happy to collect and bring to next event (Blyton) but I guess that's too late?

I've just looked down the entry list Rich and there's no-one with a home town near the NE. Nearest is Beverley that I can see. I am happy to collect and bring to next event (Blyton) but I guess that's too late?

That wont be too late, he's used to fixing the car in the paddock at Blyton......

• Like 1