My First Sprint - Javelin Sprint Series

benedwards64

Nice photos.

Your Start/Finish appears to be different than Speed Series sprint ones.

91 seconds is there or thereabouts for classes A and B. Not sure what engine size you have but if sub 1800 then class A or above 1800 class B

Sub 90 seconds is really where you want to be long term but not bad for your first go round

Interesting. What layout do you use? The fastest lap of the day was a Radical SR4 with 1:30.32. The fastest Westy was Steve's 3.0 Duratec car with 1:40.8 and I was 3-4 seconds behind that, with a K-series Caterham a couple of seconds behind again.

I'm running a 2-litre Fiat engine with around 160-170bhp. 

As a rough guide, our layout was as follows. Blue line is the start, red line is the finish:

Croft_zpsqh7di9wn.jpg

Looks similar to the normal layout but possibly start and finish are not in 'exact' same positions

Looks similar to the normal layout but possibly start and finish are not in 'exact' same positions

Start may be similar

But finish for SS before hairpin (roughly where 3 is on your map Ben)

Start may be similar

But finish for SS before hairpin (roughly where 3 is on your map Ben)

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks :)

Somebody asked a little while ago what the little twink sounds like. Given the on-board footage sounds a bit pony, I managed to get hold of a short drive-by filmed by a friend of mine to give you an idea :)

• 1 month later...

Blyton this weekend. Two Westfields and three Caterhams (including an R400) in my class. Best get on the brave pills :d

Thanks Adam. I'll let you know how I get on, although I don't think the times will be comparable with the Westfield series. This is the second visit to Blyton this year (I missed the first round) and I believe this time round a different track layout is used. 

Woodman - be good to see you next year if you do fancy it. My near suspension is fitted and set up now, be interesting to see how much difference it makes :) 

I might try this next year

Stuff the MSA new rules!

I may be with you...

But yet to decide.

More details later when I have time, but for now:

Blyton%20times_zpsirvr4wqm.jpg

I beat all the Caterhams  :d

And fifth fastest overall  :d

Blyton%20times%20overall_zps43dokngj.jpg

Particularly well done to Matt in his white beast of a car for bagging a class win and very close second overall :t-up:  

• Like 1

Congratulations. Nice mix of cars, great time for a 528!? I love 147 GTA's, hardly ever see one now.