Minilites with new Toyo's Still available

Aerodynamix Ltd

Posted here rather than in sponsors section as they are off my personal car :

SET OF 6 K&N MINATOR WHEELS FRESHLY POWDERCOATED IN SATIN BLACK AND 4 TOYO R888'S

3 OF 6X13 , TWO HAVE NEW 185/60R13 GG R888'S FITTED 

3 OF 7X13 , TWO HAVE NEW 205/60X13 GG R888'S FITTED

FRONTS ARE ET18

REARS ARE ET5(STAMPED) HOWEVER CAN SUPPLY MEASUREMENTS FOR YOU TO CHECK. 

THESE HAVE NEVER SEEN THE ROAD , WILL TAKE SOME PICTURES AND POST UP SOON . I AM IN GL15 POSTCODE AREA CONTACT ME ON 07971 264550 OR PM

WHEELS ONLY ARE £300 , TYRES ONLY IS £300 JOB LOT IS £500.00 , I WON'T SELL THE TYRES UNTIL THE WHEELS HAVE SOLD .

I HAVE SOMEONE INTERESTED IN THE TYRES ALONE IF YOU JUST WANT THE WHEELS , THEY WOULD PROBABLY SUIT AN OLDER CAR WITH MORE OF A RWD FITEMENT THAN THE NEWER STUFF WHICH TENDS TO HAVE FWD OFFSETS .

Wheels%20to%20clear%20176_zpskhhu8ttz.jp 

I have contacted Julian but neither of us know if they will fit my car.

My Sierra SDV SEIW is currently running 195/45/16 Toyo Proxes on TSW Avus R rims with an ET of 35.

Can anyone tell me if 13" rims with an ET of 18 will fit?

My fag packet calculations tell me there will only be a 40 mm rolling diameter difference and the offset should not be a problem under the rear arches.  The problem may be on the front where the steering arm might foul the wheel and the offset might cause a problem with the cycle wing.

My car is off the road at the moment otherwise I would drive up there and do a trial fit. 

ET 18 won't fit the rears on a Sierra SDV (in my opinion) - I have et37 on my 15" rims and they are 'snug', much more would foul the arches I reckon.

However, I'd love to be proved wrong as it would give me more options in the future!

Here's a pic that shows how close it is with 7" x ET37 - another 19mm would be pushing it I think - although this is with 195/50 profile tyres, 195/45's were a little more forgiving (205s would also be tight I believe)

20150602_185034.jpg

Chris,  Would the fact that my rims are 71/2" compared with 7" make a difference?  In other words, would I be saving 1/4" on both sides?

No idea to be honest, I'm afraid it can all depend on tyres and particular rim designs. I tried some 13's on mine and they fouled the calipers - but only because the design of the rims on the inside - another rim might have worked.

You will only really know for sure by trying a set.

The factory told me that the recommended size for the Sierra SDV was 6.5"x15 with 195/50 tyres ET 38, yet my 7" rims fit just fine - I took a chance after measuring up and was lucky I guess.

PS sorry for Hijack Julian - but I guess it is kind of related!

Chris - thanks.

Julian - I can't take a chance on buying them blind.  However, I should have my Westfield on the road in a week or so.  If they haven't gone by then, could I take a run up to you and do a trial fit?

Photos would be appreciated.

Mike , I have a spare 205 tyre so can get built up on one of the rears if you want and take it back to try if you were going past / nearby , if no good post it back to me and we know for definate . 

Julian, very many thanks for your patience and the offer of the wheel but the calculator tells me that the front wheels will be a problem and the cycle wings will need altering by too much or probably need changing. Good luck with the sale.

Kingster996 and Bigals - that calculator is brilliant :yes:  

No idea to be honest, I'm afraid it can all depend on tyres and particular rim designs. I tried some 13's on mine and they fouled the calipers - but only because the design of the rims on the inside - another rim might have worked.

You will only really know for sure by trying a set.

The factory told me that the recommended size for the Sierra SDV was 6.5"x15 with 195/50 tyres ET 38, yet my 7" rims fit just fine - I took a chance after measuring up and was lucky I guess.

PS sorry for Hijack Julian - but I guess it is kind of related!

I have K&N Minators as track day wheels.  They are very close to the caliper on the rear (3-4mm clearance), but do fit it if you use clip on wheel weights.. stick on weights are too thick

• 1 month later...

I HAVE UPDATED WHEEL RIM SIZES AND HAVE ALSO PUT A PICTURE UP 

THESE ARE ALSO LISTED ON FACEBOOK PAGES TOO SO GIVE ME A SHOUT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

I DO ALSO HAVE SOME CARBON FIBRE ENGRAVED CENTRECAPS TOO THAT WOULD ALSO BE FOR SALE THAT WOULD FIT THESE WHEELS

Wheels%20to%20clear%20176_zpskhhu8ttz.jpWheels%20to%20clear%20177_zpsol0qbfhu.jp

If the carbon centrecaps don't go with the wheels I'd be interested in them to go on a set of CXR 13" compomotives. Give me a shout if they don't sell.

Cheers

Rae

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.