Westfield Parts, My story

Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Since 1998 I've never had a problem.

So yesterday morning I noticed one of the grommets missing from my nose cone, y'know the ones that the bonnet pins locate into.

I tried a couple of likely local suppliers, but no luck.

So at ten past one on Friday afternoon I phoned Westfield, a young man answered the phone who's voice I didn't recognise, not surprising, cos' I haven't had the need to call for quite a while, and there have been some changes, so he checked stock levels, yes they had them in stock and he would get them in the post, phone call ended at 20 past one. Great

This morning at 11 am the postman called and yes he had my grommets, too late for me cos' I was already on my way to Oulton Park :d

But again great service from Westfield (for me).

Thanks and well done Parts dept :t-up:

• Like 1

I know that the Westfield parts dept has had some bad press but I too have had some excellent service from them recently. I have had some issues but Mark Walker has been on the case and ensured they were resolved which given he's the Technical expert shows he's doing more to help than his role would suggest.

Having found my front upper wishbones would simply not take the camber adjusters I spoke to Mark at Lunchtime on Thursday and he said he'd get a replacement pair sent straight out. On Friday morning they turned up and the adjusters/wishbones worked perfectly.

Credit where credit is due, great service. :yes:

I have to say, the new chap Ed goes out of his way to provide good service,  Replies to email and delivers what he promises.

Often found to be the case , when I worked for Comet customer service found people were always mad keen on complaining when things went wrong but shy to praise when they went well.

1000's of  customers can be satisfied with the service , but it only takes a very small few complaints to give the impression that the service is bad

Westfield and everyone else's parts depot can only be as good as there suppliers ,  

i sometimes wonder how this 'situation' plays out with their production of kits and completed cars...

Often found to be the case , when I worked for Comet customer service found people were always mad keen on complaining when things went wrong but shy to praise when they went well

Totally agree, I go out of my way to give praise where it's due.

I think folk who have been on the service delivery side of the fence are a little more sensitive to the "blame only" culture. And we do praise where we can.

One of my favourites is to give a waiter/waitress back a licked clean plate and when they ask "How was it?", I will reply "Absolutely dreadful" and when they start to look confused I follow up with "I had to keep eating it to convince myself how bad it was"

All delivered with a smile of course...

• 1 month later...

I have to say, the new chap Ed goes out of his way to provide good service,  Replies to email and delivers what he promises.

Obviously spoke to soon.

No replies to emails from Ed or Dan in the past 3 weeks and promised parts not delivered yet.

What a way to NOT run a business.