Anyone know this car?

chriss1455

Since I've purchased mine, I've got my dad now thinking about buying a Westfield. He has seen one in Scotland and was wondering if anyone knew it or anything about it before contacting him.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/1996/4205892

Thanks in advance

The lack of detail suggests the owner doesn't know much about it, he's also used tape to repair the kick strip on the driver side.

A neglected V8 ain't gonna be cheap to fix!

So unless anyone does know the car/owner, i'd be cautious.

That's the thoughts we were having about it lyonspride.

Lovely looking car Michael but unfortunately I have t persuaded him to go for an Aeroscreen so has to be a windscreen for him

Terrible advert for that v8.

Cant say I'm a fan of the look of it either.

When buying a Westfield I wouldn't even consider anything without a detailed advert with the owner knowing the car inside out! So much can vary with these types of cars in terms of quality. It may be that this car is a peach that just happens to have a rubbish advert but in my opinion an advert should give you a feeling of comfort and you should feel like you know the car without having even viewed it.

Dave

Half the Westfield owners in the club would be ruled out if they had to know chapter and verse about their cars.

Half the Westfield owners in the club would be ruled out if they had to know chapter and verse about their cars.

Granted, but i'd be more inclined to trust a car owned by someone who'd taken the time to get to know it at least.

But it's all speculation, it could purely be a poorly presented classified ad.

• Like 2

Yep some buy just to drive em' and don't know what goes on under the bonnet.

• Like 1

Yep some buy just to drive em' and don't know what goes on under the bonnet.

And that's why I wouldn't buy a car that the owner didnt know inside out.

It might rule out 50% the cars in the club but Id hazard a guess the that it would rule out 75% of the cars I wouldn't touch (if that makes sense)

That's the thoughts we were having about it lyonspride.

Lovely looking car Michael but unfortunately I have t persuaded him to go for an Aeroscreen so has to be a windscreen for him

I can see no problem in retro fitting a windscreen, besides it'll give some him something to do to make it his own.  I wouldn't rule out a perfectly good car just because of the aeroscreen.

But it's also caged and has a straight cut box. That's quite a hard core car, all told. (It looks a really nice one too, but very, very different to a fully trimmed V8 car.)

I can see no problem in retro fitting a windscreen, besides it'll give some him something to do to make it his own. I wouldn't rule out a perfectly good car just because of the aeroscreen.

I don't think he would rule out an aero screened car if both car and price are right, I'd try to talk some sense into him if he did try and rule one out

Don't forget that Dads know best :d , good luck on that.    If he removes the cage, that would sell for decent sum and pay for his carpets and screen easily. 

And leave big holes in the side of the car!

And leave big holes in the side of the car!

Just a small detail Dave.