VULCAN BOMBER over YORK

Terry Everall

Just had Vulcan bomber fly right over my house, Bishopthorpe, York at about 500ft high .....What a sight and sound :o

• Like 1

They used to fly over our house in Garforth in the '60s. Thought it was Concorde.

Cool - it's based near Scunthorpe so could be a test flight. Or it could be Elvington air show this weekend? We used to get the Tornado's come over at about that height on training runs to the NY Moors when i was a kid. The plane would come over and then about 3 second later the noise would come!! Gave the dog a fright!

This is it's last year flying unfortunately

Cool - it's based near Scunthorpe so could be a test flight. Or it could be Elvington air show this weekend? We used to get the Tornado's come over at about that height on training runs to the NY Moors when i was a kid. The plane would come over and then about 3 second later the noise would come!! Gave the dog a fright!

my parents live on the flight path into finningly, they get to see it in all its glory taking off and landing :t-up: great plane

It's appearing at Throckmorton air show in Worcestershire Sat June 6th.  Used to watch these annually at Finningley air show as a kid.  Along with the Lightning.  Still vivid memories decades later.

I was having a good poke around XM655 on Thursday. I got a few (poor) piccies so Ill post them up later

Greatest of the V Bombers, I love Vulcans to bits...!

I hope it gets to Throckmorton, was a no show a few years back.

For those who haven't seen this before check out 2mins 55 seconds :yes:

It'll be a sad day when it flies no more :(

• Like 1