Westfield Hardtop Opinions please

Marto303

There was quite a good one at Stoneleigh last year IIRC.  I think it had part gullwing doors so there was some hope of the ahem less mobile drivers getting in and out  :laugh:

14t8x7c.jpg

I remember this!

They sold like hot-cakes!!!!! :d

The problem is always going to be the cost. Make a one off to fit an individual car, and it's going to be dear. Make one adaptable enough to cope with all the variations and it's going to be horrendously expensive, or require a lot of bodywork on the part of the fitter. (Ie leave front extra long, and have the builder cut to length etc)

I love the idea of one, but in practice, I don't think id be prepared to pay what it would cost.

(Yes that one at Stoneleigh was a great job, wasn't it for a Dax, and he hoped to do versions for other kits?)

(Yes that one at Stoneleigh was a great job, wasn't it for a Dax, and he hoped to do versions for other kits?)

Indeed it was Dave, a Dax Rush and from what I remember expensive, but it took a lot of development.

That's the rub; although they look reasonably simple, there's a huge amount of development work. And it presents that nightmare of surfaces to mould, a large flatish but not quite flat, expanse of very visible roof.

Personally, the more I think about it, the more I suspect that to d it seriously as a production item, ie not a series of bespoke tailor to fit the individual car models, you'd probably be better redesigning the screen and scuttle to suit having the hard top and the doors attached what ever form they might take.

Martin

Please leave it on.  We need to slow Barney down abit ;-)

• Like 3

what's wrong with my garden table tarpaulin . keeps the water out :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  

Ha ha OK you lot rumbled me  :(

Yes Pete it is an MG but MGB Not Midget and Paul you were also spot on with a safe place to store it  :t-up:

Childish I know but brought some amusement to an otherwise dull day  :d  :d  :d

• Like 1

take it next year to wiscombe   to keep the mud out 

• Like 1

I think WF would be better spending their development just getting a better hood sorted that seals better at the front and has some sort of internal frame.