Tiger Trip 5th Sept Derbyshire

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

The Tiger Owners Club have invited us on their annual Derbyshire run out, I have copied the details below.

Our member Molestrangler is organising it, so, with us, that will be 2 Westfields for a start. Feel free to join in and make some new buddies.

Julie

Hi,
Route has now been sorted and checked for this years Derbyshire Run, all are welcome to attend. Meeting point is the junction of A52/A38 at Markeaton Park island on the Ashbourne Road, use the McDonalds car park. Fuel is available on site at the Esso filling station. 
Meeting time is 10.30 for 11.15 set off, run only totals 67 miles and I have reserved the conservatory at the Manifold Inn for lunch again.
The route is available in Garmin and TomTom format as well as tulip road book, please p.m. me for your copy of the route. 
This will be the 7th Derbyshire Run, always good fun and well attended and not limited to Tigers so please come along, meet like minded people and have a blat.
See you there.
Ian.

We enjoyed last years run so we will join in again  :)

Sounds good, I think I might tag along.

All welcome. Please PM me your email address and what route format you need and I will get a copy to you, we have found that if everyone has a copy of the route then it is more relaxed and enjoyable.

Ian

• 3 months later...

Event is still on, anyone who wants to join in please pm with you route requirements (tulip road book, Garmin or Tomtom files) and I will email them to you. Over the past few years we have found it runs better if everyone knows where to go.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone but we will not be able to come on this one. I am taking a chance on the weather and have just booked a week in Snowdonia. Have a great day and don't forget to post some photo's.

Cheers

Julie

Julie,

Have fun in Wales, great roads. A few of the guys on this run were in North Wales three weeks ago with a local guide, we had an absolute blast.

Shame you won't be able to join us, looking like 20+cars will be on the run which is about as many as I can cope with.

See you soon

Ian

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who turned out today, hope you all enjoyed it. I was somewhat taken aback by the number who turned up, closed roads also made it more trying than I needed. That said, the day was awesome, 25+ cars is some sight and great friends.

To you all thank for turning out, it makes them any hours spent organising worthwhile.

Next year I need to make something special, time to start planning.

Ian

• Like 1

Ian, many thanks for organising. It was my fourth day out with the Tigers this year, Liz and I had a gr8 run out and we look forward to next year.

R

Seconded Richard's post, great day, many thanks to Ian and Pat for organising, see you again soon.

Here are some of the pictures of the start preparations.

image_zpse0vx9bfl.jpg

image_zpsng23lk5k.jpg

image_zpsneujjtry.jpg

image_zpsv15kjgb5.jpg

Unfortunately the first turn on the route was a closed road, so much chaos followed as all 24 cars turned around and found the nearest car park where maps could be pondered over for a more effective diversion than the official one. Well done Ian!

Pictures of the much awaited restart!!!

image_zpsdervj0ne.jpg

image_zpsvtie3bss.jpg

And so to lunch, for about 40 to 50 hungry drivers and passengers, fortunately there was excellent food and service at the Manifold Inn, thanks to all the staff there.

A few pictures of the after lunch chatting and tyre kicking whilst getting ready to leave. Some had already departed though!

image_zpsmo12eo6k.jpg

image_zpsdkgjul4f.jpg

image_zpswnlohfms.jpg

• Like 1

Gr8 pics Martyn :)  good to see you and Sue again, it's been a whole week :d . Sorry I missed the start, the restart looked more like a Grid  (looked, I know it wasn't) :) . Looking forward to next year already. The Tiger Club certainly know how to have a good time, my fourth trip out with them this year :yes:  :yes: .

Rich & Liz