Tyreleader/Oponeo for Toyo R1R/R888

MarkFRST

Has anybody used these websites for tyres? - Tyreleader have 195/50/15 R1R for £61 each and R888 for £67 each?

If they are old stock tyres they list the code by the listing, so they must be recent stock.

Opinions?

I bought a set of Nankangs from there.  Only took two days to arrive from Germany.  Seems fine

Just got two 195/50/15 R1r Toyos delivered out of four I ordered from oponeo, the tracking log says the royal mail has delayed the second set, so should get them Tuesday, very happy with the price and although I can't see a date code they look to be newstock

Also used Oponeo - good price when searching online and quick efficient delivery from Germany, no problems (R1R's).

Well I ordered from Tyreleader.. R1R, ordered Saturday, Delivered today. Date code 0515 so this years stock. I thought they stopped them late last year but obviously not.

Nope. Spoke with Toyo at the factory (WSC) open day.

Typically, it's us in the UK following the rules and not bringing them in, whereas it would appear at least a few European countries are still importing them.

Toyo in the UK would bring them in if someone was prepared to order a whole containers worth though. Alan(?) admitted it was a great tyre, but that the marketing in the UK hadn't really worked - aimed too much at the track day driver, whereas it should have been aimed more at the performance road end.

As a result, they don't think there's enough UK market to justify them stocking it under the circumstances. And 'cause Europe, or at least part of it, is still buying R1R's Toyo themselves don't have any motivation to develop a replacement yet.

So those fans of the tyre like myself, are almost, just left high and dry for the moment. All we can do is buy from abroad.

Oponeo have such a massive turnover of tyres I wouldn't think there is a chance you'd be buying old stock. Good prices from Oponeo.

Also I have my own tyre fitting equipment which makes things a lot easier and cheaper now. The days of buying tyres from your local place are long gone, especially as near me they usually don't want to fit your own supplied tyres + charge you up to £10 a tyre for the privilege.

Our fave tyre size 205/60/13 is available as well @£95 each  GG I hope.     The strong pound must help.