New Member "Again"

kpef2000

Hi Everyone “Again”.

Last post was back in 2011. Work intervened and of I went to Denmark.

Now back in the UK with time to spend on re build.

The car is 1991 SE with 2ltr Pinto.

Just finished rebuilding front and rear suspension with new wide track and all alloy bits.

Over the weekend I removed the engine and 4 speed gearbox to replace with close HD 5 speed BGH.

The engine “Pinto “is still the original which I believe was built in the 90s by Harris Performance.

Engine Dyno 175 @ 6000 .

I have a couple of questions for Northwest members.

I’m looking for a company that can setup the suspension for road use only.

Hopefully the same company can service and setup the 45 DCOE Webbers and can carry out some work I would like on the pinto over the winter.

I’m also looking to purchase something like the megajolt or similar to replace the points, so again it would be great if they can supply this and setup.

It’s quite amazing phoning a few rolling road company’s around the northwest and the response I have got regarding the Pinto and Webbers.

Any help, suggestions welcome. 

Keith

BLiNK in Winsford have done full Geo on many members Westies.

• Like 1

Welcome,

My car is with blink currently... Very happy,

They are at brand hatch this weekend though , so not picking up the phone today.... Back Tuesday.

+1 for Blink who did the full geo setup after I re-furbed my suspension and replaced my shocks with Protechs.

About 18 months ago I had a rolling road session at Ric Wood's in Stockport who have a good reputation for classic ford engines. He rolling road rejected my 40 DCOE Weber carbs on my Xflow very competently (I had previously serviced and rebuilt the carbs myself --- give it a go yourself, its not as difficult as you first think, just follow this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Build-Dellorto-Carburettors-Speedpro-Series/dp/1903706750 which is a lot cheaper than the labour).

Cheers,

Bill

I've used Ric Woods a couple of times, though for (fuel injection), he's a decent bloke with a good reputation, did cracking work on mine. He can, like many in the performance/tuning industry be a bit off/funny with people sometimes, but he knows his stuff.

BLiNK have many years experience with Westfields - they've always done the geo work on both of mine, with excellent results. They do also have a dyno, not sure how much they do with carbs though, you'd need to ask. (It's always been fuel injected stuff that I've seen in there). BLiNK do a lot of race prep and support, so as has been said, at race weekends, they're often away at circuits racking up the wins!

Welcome back! Hopefully see you at a few Lancs meets over summer :-) next one is 20th May, and a load of us are also at 3 Sisters on 18th May for a spot of karting if you wanted to pop along and say hello!

Thanks for the feedback.

Blink are reasonably close to Wigan, will give them a call to discuss.

I would love to meet up for a chat, unfortunatley the dates you mention I,m in DK.

With a little luck the new seats,alloys and gearbox should be ready end of May. Hopefully the car should then be ready for the road :) .

Best Regards

Keith