Hayabusa Engine

Beez

Hi

I'm looking for a replacement engine for my Megabusa which threw a con rod out of the engine block at Goodwood last weekend.

The car currently has a Gen 1 so another Gen 1 would obviously drop straight in but I'm also interested in a Gen 2 assuming it comes with all the wiring harness, ecu and dash etc since I believe the existing Gen 1 electrics won't work with a Gen 2.

Also looking to go dry sump to avoid repeating what happened at Goodwood.

Cheers

Paul

Did you have the swing arm oil pick up system fitted to the sump?

sorry to hear your woes.

When I was looking I found not a great difference in price buying a whole bike with history rather than just an engine.

Once you have sold off the bike bits it will work out much cheaper.

David

Hi Terry, no it was just a baffled sump The engine was a 2001 don't think it had been rebuilt since then so I guess in hindsight doing Goodwood the result was inevitable.

Hi David, yes good idea I was thinking of that as saw a few complete bikes on eBay, and your right selling off the parts should recoup some of the cash.

I think it'll probably take some time to get sorted and source the right engine so not going to rush and make sure I take the opportunity to do it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update, I'm no longer looking for an engine as have sourced one from Rob at Mistral along with Dry Sump kit, billet clutch slave, new main and big end bearings etc. Means I'll get a nice refreshed engine which I know will work correctly.

I decided also to stick with a Gen 1 so the whole job should hopefully be a simple (But expensive) plug and play.... and with summer round the corner I want to be out playing :d

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pete, yes I saw that, its Simon Boulter's engine out of his Fisher Fury I'd just done a deal with Mistral for a complete engine when that came up.

Understand he had a scary off at Debden, so looks like he's breaking the car?!?!

glad you sorted

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.