PETROL GARAGE LOCATIONS IN THE HIGHLANDS

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Morning All.

Does anyone have a link to a map that shows the location of the petrol garages in the Highlands.

I have found a number of maps but they do not give the place names.

I am aware of the garages from Glencoe to Durness and John O Groats but not the area of land below these areas and with limited range in Buttercup I just need to plan accordingly.

Sounds like you need to carry a spare couple of gallons

• Like 1

Morning Terry.

Yes I thought of that but my problem is where to put the cans.

With everything else that we are taking space is very limited.

My last resort is to take the cans and leave the girlfriend at home. :d

Look out for service stations being closed on Sundays too.

• Like 1

Be prepared for the price hike, too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies chaps.

I am aware of all your great comment as have travelled up on a number of occasions but in my tintop and the fuel range has never been a problem so I have never taken much notice of the garages but this time I need to hence my need for the garage locations. 

There's a petrol station in Gairloch and it lies next to a general store called 'The Wild cat' (last visited by me too many years ago, sadly). My Good Lady and I were staying in the area and met up with a Glasgow couple with whom we chatted late into the evening in the bar of a local hostelry. The male half of said couple kept referring to a place called 'The Oil Cart' and it wasn't until I mentally said wild cat in Scots that I realised it the Central Belt dialect pronunciation of wild cat!

He had an Austin Cambridge (Farina model) with a Perkins diesel engine - a real old clatterer. The explanation, brief though it was, was that he had a boat moored in the Clyde estuary.  When I saw the car later in the stay I spotted the tell-tale red stains around the fuel filler!  :devil:

• Like 1

Hello.

Thankyou so much for the link. That is exactly what I wanted.

Looks like I may need to take petrol with me if I want to tour the inner Highlands. 

Hello graham.

Thanks for the link.

I tried searching on google maps but I did not get those results. 

That's a great help.