Recommend me a Non-Smart Phone.

dhutch

I am looking to buy a nice to use 'feature phone' to replace my android smart phone.

Got an S5mini, had a DesireX before that, they are great phones when they work but the mic on the S5 has just died and its increasingly annoying how much time I loose to checking my emails, facebook and the like

So I am thinking of going 'cold-turkey' and back to something with a keypad.

Would be nice if it could do the odd email on gmail and make it onto the internet, but in an Nokia 6610i 'emergency use only' tyre fashion.

Recommendations?

Daniel

If you can live without any web at all, Nokia 3109

Best phone I ever had, week on a charge with calls and utterly indestructible, rubbish screen, decent type by feel keyboard.

Once dropped mine down 9 floors down a cable duct. Still worked.

Only ditched it cos work insisted that I get mobile email and data. Still miss it...

Bought a Nokia Asha 210 to replace my super-trendy Mio A701....suits me fine, makes phone calls, receives phone calls, can even do those TXT things as well. Marvelous. Lasts weeks on a charge even out here with almost zero signal strength. Apparently it can also do YouFace and TubeBook or whatever.....

Practically, I would like to retain a very small amount of internet ability,

I had a look last night and found the 'Nokia Asha 215' which has a 12-button keypad and appears to run OperaMini like my 66610i did which sounds ideal, new out and yours for £40.

The Nokia 206 and 301 seem similar but slightly older and have Nokia own browser only. Not yet ready anything about the button feel/quality which is what triggered my initial transition to smart phones about 4 years ago.

Daniel