Aintree 25th. April

stephenh

I see we don't have a big turnout from the Speed Series this Saturday, also several novices. If anyone is unsure what happens or what to do at Aintree, feel free to ask me if you like as I have been going to Aintree regularly for several years now. If anyone doesn't know me, I'm in the red Westfield number 51.

Oh and if there are any first timers at Aintree, we don't have allocated class parking spaces in the paddock. Just take any available space. The entrance road is also the paddock, so you just drive in, up to where everybody else has parked, and park on the right hand side. If you can see a space next to or near another Westfield, try and get in there, its friendlier that way!

Edited to add: If you are coming for the first time, and travelling by sat nav., I suggest you use L10 8LF.

Thanks Steve, I will take you up on that :) Will you be walking the course?

I've only spectated at Aintree.

Only 5 WSCC Westfields - You, Me (Yellow 54), Lee (Yellow 56), JohnP, KevinJ/GrahamW  (758/58 R1 double drive)

I'm aiming to arrive by 7ish.

If first there I'll try and grab space with room for others of you alongside.

Don't forget, this is one of very few events where you need to lock everything up when you go out for a run. There have been thefts at this event in the dim and distant pasts.

Don't forget, this is one of very few events where you need to lock everything up when you go out for a run. There have been thefts at this event in the dim and distant pasts.

Ta for heads up, I am not suprised though.

It is Liverpool, after all!! (with apols to any Scousers on this site!!)

Yes, I will be walking the course, if I have time. I shall be there about 7.30 am or maybe just before, and will go straight to sign on. I'll will then walk the course, unless the scrutineer is getting close, in which case I'll get scruted first, and then walk the course. I'm happy to walk the course with any novices who would like me to accompany me, provided you're ready when I am!! Don't forget either way we have to be in the top of the paddock at 8.45am for the drivers' briefing.

Don't forget that if you damage the fencing you pay for it

I'm at a wedding and cant make it.... :-(

Don't forget that if you damage the fencing you pay for it

I'm at a wedding and cant make it.... :-(

What can't you make John, damaging the fence or paying for it?!!!

Yes, I will be walking the course, if I have time. I shall be there about 7.30 am or maybe just before, and will go straight to sign on. I'll will then walk the course, unless the scrutineer is getting close, in which case I'll get scruted first, and then walk the course. I'm happy to walk the course with any novices who would like me to accompany me

Ta, in that case I'll join you.

See you there  :d

Looks like we're going to get a bit wet :( :( :(

An excellent day for the WSCC contingent.

Not as wet as originally forecast, in fact the worst of the weather was during the lunch break.

Usual Liverpool & District efficiency meant that we got 2 practice runs and 4 competition runs in.

It was quite cold, and a head wind on the long finish straight, but it still didn't stop Nick Algar breaking the up to 2 litres single seater record, and he nearly got overall FTD, just pipped by an unlimited class car on, I think, the last lap. It also didn't stop me equaling my personal best time to win my class. Some good times also by all the novices in the WSCC Speed Series. So all in all, a good day was had.

Yes, another enjoyable day.

And thanks for the help and support Stephen on my first ever drive at Aintree. When TTs feel so far away it's good to get this and posative feedback. I am pleased with 54.8s.