Looking for my first Westfield

Marc72

Hello to all...

I have decided the time is right to purchase my first Westfield but may need a little help! 

I have spent some time attempting to understand the many variations and have concluded it is largely down to personal preference.  so here goes:

I am looking for maybe a Zetec, wide bodied (colour not that important)

A road biased car (probably wont entertain a track day...at this stage anyway!)

Wet weather gear would be preferred.

I am hoping I will find something for around £7-8k ??? 

I will attend the Kit car show at Stoneleigh next month but not been before.  I am guessing there will be a choice there possibly for sale???

I live in North Wales but will travel.

Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.  I am willing to learn but at the moment need some guidance.

Thanks in advance

Marc

Hi Marc

Assume you are coming to a local chesire or wirral meeting ?

you will start to see a few cars at the meetings and people to ask details about - we like nothing more than sharing advice...

There are a few of us in the Northwich area and some in Chester too depending on your location, try the member map part of the site to see how close someone is to you.

most will be only too happy to talk and show you their cars and experience.

cheers Jon

Thanks Jon

I will do my best to get along and welcome all the help and advice on offer!

I am assuming that the Stoneleigh show will have cars for sale too?  Maybe I could find my new pride and joy at the show :)

The show is a must, as you will never see so many westfields all in one place at any other time of the year. There should be some up for sale too, there was last year. Also you will be able to see some excellent examples that you will be able to use as a benchmark and be able to figure out what goodies are up your street too.

Take your time and enjoy.

Okay so I'm a Yorkshireman.  I think full wet weather gear is horrid.  You end up in a steamy claustrophobic environment.

If I were you, I'd get some half doors, some wind deflectors and a half hood.  You'll still get a bit wet but not significantly.

Oh and welcome to the club  :)

Deposit paid - collect on Saturday...

Thanks for all the advice :d  :d  :d

I am impatient but found the right car for me!  despite having to sell the kids, dog and anything else not nailed down to fund the purchase!! :oops:

and a half hood.  You'll still get a bit wet but not significantly.

I remember once getting severely and significantly wet parked behind you Martin whilst waiting for you to fit your new half hood (never before fitted I think!!!)  :laugh:  :cry: ..........great fun  :d

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.