Impending trip to Interpro (Bristol)

Steve M

I had a load of work carried out at Northamoton Motorsport back in January including mapping, unfortunately the cold start has always been very poor, I basically need to sit in the car with my foot on the throttle at 1k to bring it up to temp before driving it, this is obviously an annoyance !

It's a good 4 hour round trip to back up to N.motorsport, so I needed to find somewhere local

After reading a few mixed reviews on here Ive decided to give Interpro in Bristol a go, I've spoken to them on the phone & they sound very knowledgable & they are only a 30 minute drive away

As its a cold start problem, I will need to leave the car with them, I'm taking it there tomorrow mirning, I'll let you all know my experience with them.....

Have you thought about give Troy a call and he may be able to give you some things to try? Very helpful to me in the past over the phone with the laptop plugged in

Steve - they mapped my car, as my engine tuner Anderson Racing engines use them for the RR. My cold start isn't perfect but is alot better than it was with a generic base OMEX 600 map on.

They are about 10 mins from me. Guessing it will be a quick ish fix. When I saw them they did mention sorting out the cold starts so it must be something they are well aware of.

My Westy came back from NMS with about the same power but about 12ftlbs more torque and many more mpg so was a very happy boy but the cold start was, and still is, useless  :(

The previous mapping was fine on the cold start so the plan is to replace the NMS cold start with the old one.

I've had the special DTA/USB cable for about a year and it's still unused - you know me and electrics...

Time to buy lots of beer and get in touch with Kevin Jones again me thinks.

Well, I can't say enough good things about Interpro !

They found the map on my car to be way too rich at the bottom to aid a cold start, they sorted that, kept me in the loop with phone calls, Dave gave me at least half an hour of his time today sharing his knowledge, from uprated bottom ends to track days, he didn't try & sell me anything & infact recommended that for what I want out of my car its spot on, Interesting chap to talk to ! And Neil telling me about his passion for rallying!! ...really good bunch !

Interpro of Bristol , get a thumbs up from me !!

Best of all, my car starts, warms up & idles on its own !

• Like 2

I have used them several times on cars I have built, my wifes car is serviced there every year. I have sent several people there, some with very complicated wants and never had anything but good from them.

I too have read mixed reviews but there is always two side to every story and some of the stories Dave and Neil tell are consistent with other rolling road stories. 

I would recommend them to anyone and also Dave Gallop at track developments for suspension set up.

An update ....

Attempted to start the car yesterday morning from cold ( aprox 10 degrees outside temp ) bl**** thing would not idle!!

Tried to start it this morning at aprox 8 degrees temp, with Dave from Interpro on the phone for moral support !!...hold the throttle for 20 seconds he said, I did what the man said ...it still wouldn't idle !!

Give me back my Gsxr throttle bodies!!!...it was bl**** perfect on those !!!!

Rang Interpro, I've got to take it back tomorrow, which is a right pain in the A*** !! ...but they are going to loan me a car.