How about this engine for a wild project somewhere? Bargain!

msisleman

I bet theres a story behind that...

There has to be!

I assume direct injection and so with 12 cylinders will be a non trivial ecu programming exercise. 

I still want it.. :o

And I don't care what you say after seeing a lambo v12 in a fiat 500 then this will fit in a Wessie.

Might not be any bodywork at the front but you can't have everthing.

• Like 3

It is DI yes, and electronic throttles, and variable intake and exhaust cams, and god knows what else.

But it's still so awesome! Might be best to get hold of the original ECU to be honest. And then what gearbox would you use?! One can dream.... Still seems priced keenly though for a £50k crate engine.

I've got an F12 to type 9 bellhousng kicking around somewhere.

Trouble is these days, the engine ECU wants to see the transmission ECU, both want to see the body control ECU...

This engine keeps coming round again, (either that or there are a lot of similar historied FF engines out there!) each time, I seem to recall the story from those that know modern Ferraris, is that while it's a thing of beauty to behold, it's remarkably tricky/expensive to actually do anything practical with it.

Yep. I'm sure it will simply end up back in an FF that has engine issues outside of its 3 year warranty period.

How many /Dellorto/Webers would you need to bolt on that then? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How about this instead?

This Will fit!!!

I've seen that ad a few times over the years. Just shows how ludicrous the cost of top rallycross is. I cannot even begin to imagine spending £61k on an engine, never mind an "old" YB!

Must be a market for them...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.