CSCC Magnificent Sevens

RichUK

Is anybody else on the forum entering Mag 7's this year? I can see a couple of Westfields on the entry list so far.

We are touch and go as to whether we will make the first round at Snetterton in two weeks time. We ended up buying the enduro fuel tank and race radiator from another supplier, as it turned out Westfield didn't have them in stock and on the shelf ready to ship, as they'd initially said. Other than those bits, the car is ready to go.

Might also do a couple of 750mc Sports Specials races later in the year and will then aim to finish the season with the Birkett and the Mission Motorsport Race of Remembrance.

I was hoping to do a round later in the year. I need the bank balance to recover after the winter first…I need to get plumbed in extinguisher and tow eyes sorted amongst a few other minor bits.

I was looking a the 750MC regs for the Sports Specials only last night and it looked like I would need to do a ton of work for the car to get it up to spec. The regs are very specific relating to Zetecs.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bringing up the old thread. I am looking to maybe race in the Mag 7's next year but would need to pass a race test early next year first.

The 750MC looks good too, what series would the Westfields be competitive in? Looks like the Locost is for the build your own sports car guys only.

Sorry for bringing up the old thread. I am looking to maybe race in the Mag 7's next year but would need to pass a race test early next year first.

The 750MC looks good too, what series would the Westfields be competitive in? Looks like the Locost is for the build your own sports car guys only.

I am also looking to compete in the Mag 7's next season. I went to watch a race  earlier in the year and spent the day with Peter the driver representative. Seems great fun, however does seem to be a very Caterham biased lineup. There were a couple of Westies as well as an MK. Lets get some more Westfields out there.

I did my Ards last month and have my medical booked for next month to upgrade my non race licence. The Ards is valid for 12 months where medical is 3 months. The membership starts January as does the license fee, so it made financial sense to upgrade in the new year. Although I won't get enough stamps on the licence to do the Spa round in 2016 :-( 

I looked at 750mc however also couldn't see where I would fit in.

Let me know if you decide to join up will be good to have another newbie.

Lee

sevenesque series by BARC is predominately southern based. Ian Conibear is the coordinator

Here's a cracking vid from a recent Mag 7 race at Oulton.  Mr Winstanley's not lacking in the commitment department is he! :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZx--doqEVg

I've just passed up the opportunity to buy a race prepped Caterham C400 which would be in the same class as this car, but this is a racing arms race and you'll never outspend them to the podium!

• Like 1

Here's a cracking vid from a recent Mag 7 race at Oulton.  Mr Winstanley's not lacking in the commitment department is he! :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZx--doqEVg

Jeez that's one seriously fast car :d and very committed driver :t-up:

I'm looking to race next year and have shopping list for the off-season.

Like said above, unless you are prepared to spend mega bucks, you won't be at the front. Personally, I think it's about getting out there and racking first and foremost. 

I got my ARDS in Feb this year to if you want any pointers just let me know.

We need more Westies racing!

Using dampers revalved by me for that weekend.  Spent ages on the set up of the damper itself.  By all accounts it works :-)

A few of the other cars are using our Quantum dampers also.