CROFT EASTER MONDAY sprint

Terry Everall

i wondered that too

Well for what is worth heres my effort. Good enough for third in class behind Terry and Tim on 84:35.

Should have kept my foot in for the Jim Clarke Esses as thats where I lost the most time.

Think I need a Go Pro too.

Your video is set to Private at the moment Mark. Should be an option in your account to make it 'Public' :yes:

If you do fancy a GoPro give me a shout, will happily take a run over to you one sunny evening and drop it off / show you how it works :)

Watching John Hoyle's vid I think Class D is pretty sewn up this year, it's got some grunt that thing!

Watching John Hoyle's vid I think Class D is pretty sewn up this year, it's got some grunt that thing!

Amazing - the short shifting on two of the corners shows that that engine pulls so hard through the rev range.

Smooth driving (mostly!!)..

...and the fastest Westy (on the day)

Wonderful  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Your video is set to Private at the moment Mark. Should be an option in your account to make it 'Public' :yes:

If you do fancy a GoPro give me a shout, will happily take a run over to you one sunny evening and drop it off / show you how it works :)

Thanks Adam

Hopefully vid should be viewable now. I'll give you a shout when I can afford the GoPro mate. most of the cash is going on the van conversion at the moment.

Tigger has now posted the results!

Thanks Adam

Hopefully vid should be viewable now. I'll give you a shout when I can afford the GoPro mate. most of the cash is going on the van conversion at the moment.

No worries - vid works now :)

Sure, makes sense - I'm here if / when you need any help :t-up:

Tigger has now posted the results!

How come John hoyle doesn't get max points? me no understand...

102 points is only for a new class record, 100 points is for equalling the target time. So if your run is between target and record time, you get between 100 and 102 points... I think...!

First person over the finish line wins is much more compatible with my level of brain power :laugh:

it's all relative to target time.

equal target time you get 100 points

beat target time you get above 100 with the extra matching the percentage improvement of target up to a maximum of 102

Cheers David - so class records are simply that, and not linked to points?

Correct.  I guess the class record would normally set the target time.

Indeed John may be competing against targets he set himself last year.

There is never a perfect system but target times make it fairer if few in your class or few entered on the day

• Like 1

John Hoyles quickest run. New class D record and fastest Westfield on the day. Not bad on road tyres with 4 gears and a gear stick!

Brilliant run John - I wish I could drive like that and there are even a few moments when time could be shaved off  :)

What this vid shows is that 4 gears are more than enough when you have an engine with big power and torque.  It also show that with the right driver there is little gear change time difference between an H-pattern dog box and a sequential box.  Also Barry showed us a couple of years ago that a synchro box can win the championship.

The benefit of a sequential box is the addition of flappy paddles and electronic assistance in engine management for downshifts (little benefit on up-shifts) which enables the driver to focus more on braking and the line into the corner.  The other electronic aids (e.g. traction control, launch control, etc) all work with an H-pattern box.

• Like 1

John did beat the record which he set last year and he would have needed to beat the target time by more than 2% to score 102

Tim Nunn also broke my record and the target time and scored less than 102