Woop woop! She's ALIVE! New Dash all working

Tim Reid

I have just come in from the garage and started my Westfield for the fist time since October... I'm so happy... Beer in hand to celebrate... I don't think my wife really gets it!

I have been changing my dashboard and changed to savage switches. The new switches need relays and dimming circuits, I also wanted to add a start button which lights up when ignition on but turns off once the engine is started. I WAS a total novice to car wiring but feel I could tackle anything now. I love having a Westfield its such a great car to learn new things and I have owned it for 7 years!

09DC6EE6-EBE7-4880-9121-96A6798A8ED7_zps

I understand if no one replies to this it's just my opportunity to share my excitement.

• Like 1

Well done, fantastic feeling isn't it!   :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Excellent :yes:

What did you do with the starter switch to get it to go off on start, use a changeover relay?

TableLeg... yes a changeover relay for the LED and a normal relay for the actual starting function... I have a hand draw picture I can send you if needed.

Gary... thank you for the help.

I ran the fuel tank low at the end of last year so I could have fresh fuel after the upgrades. I heard that petrol is not as good after 6 months but might be wrong.

Another celebration beer!

TableLeg... yes a changeover relay for the LED and a normal relay for the actual starting function... I have a hand draw picture I can send you if needed.

Thanks Tim, If it's the info as per Gary's dash then I've got that already thanks.

:yes:

Yes, Gary helped with that bit. Mine is slightly different because I didn't want the start button to light up with the sidelights. 1 less wire. My view was that it should only light when applicable.

Cool, you been copying me? Anyway it looks good and I,m glad everything works.

Great stuff Tim - well done! 

I have a hand draw picture I can send you if needed.

Please could you email the sketch to me too??

Thanks.

Oooooooooooo!  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Will you do mine for me  ;)

Nice one Tim! You must have seriously cracked on in the atternoon!