Office 365 or is something else better ?

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

It's upgrade time and looking for you guys experience.

Home use only for Mrs & me. We both use Outlook / word / excel & publisher most of the time and would normally buy a copy for multi use. But Microsoft don;t seem to do that now and want you to buy Office 365 yearly subscription. Now that's £ 80 a year, so it will soon add up. But have used Office software for years and also end up sending documents to other people, so compatibility is a big thing. I know that if I send Terry a spreadsheet for use on his Mac with Open Office it seems to give problems with some of the deeper formula.

Any views ?

I use office 2013, but only because I got a good deal though work (£9).

Office 2007 is the newer style and does everything most people need.

You can buy a 3 user licence of it from Amazon for £130 which works forever, or until you feel the need to upgrade again.

Tony

Open Office, Thunderbird and Firefox for me every time.

Office 365 Home - up to 5 machines and can be mac or PC or tablet. Always be on the latest version.

We use Office 365 at work and Azure and all out licencing, email, dev software, SQL, project, visio etc is on a fairly low cost monthly fee.

We have switched work email to office 365. Cheap as chips for what you get

Resilient

Access anywhere via web browser or phone app

50gb storage

Personal email is still on traditional office at the moment

Selling lots of 365 for businesses... seen as Microsoft stopped selling small business server.

If anyone is looking to purchase let me know as i could be your "partner" and make you an offer.

you can but you can do office 2013 but this wont include publisher 

cheers

John

Thanks for comments so far, and for the offer John. I will look at your suggestions.