Brian James owners - quick query?

benedwards64

I'm looking at getting a trailer for the Westie, and it looks like the ideal candidate for me will be a Brian James C2. 

I'm not particularly worried about length (my garage is over 5m from door to wall, which is plenty for what I need) but my garage door opening is only 214cm wide. The C2 trailer I'm considering is listed as being  218cm wide...

Short of hacking bits off my garage, I'm wondering if perhaps removing one/both mudguards from the trailer would be enough to give me the extra 4cm I need. Would anyone with a Brian James trailer be able to have a look for me and let me know if this would work? And how easy to remove the mudgaurds appear to be?

Many thanks in advance  :t-up:

I have an A2 and the rubber flexi rear lights are the widest part of the trailer. thinks that's the same measurement as BJ quote?

Hmm, just spoke to a chap at Brian James trailers who confirmed that the measurements are from mudguard to mudguard :(

He wasn't sure whether removing the mudguards would give me the extra space I need, although it sounds like there might be one or two Brian James Clubman trailers still knocking about as old stock, which would do the trick...

Hi Ben

The trailer I've just bought (the one advertised by Rob on here) fits in my garage - just - which is also 214cms wide. It was listed as a Brian James micro max. The widest part is the mudguards and they don't seem too easy to get on and off - the wheels are in the way. You're welcome to pop round for a butchers if it helps?

Barny

Stihl saw and hinge a bit of wood with some locks top and bottom. Only thing I can think of, does sound a bit over the top even for me but might be a fix?

Cheers Barny - if I'm ever in MK I might just take you up on that. I'm hoping I might have found a solution though... either the BJ Clubman (if they can find one) or failing that a BJ C4 would fit, although it's a bit heavier than I would have liked.

Terry - sadly not an option for me, the sides of the garage door frame hold the top up. At some point in the future I'd like to take out the centre support (it's currently a double garage with two separate doors) and put a single up-and-over door in, but that's a couple of years away I reckon.

• Like 1

I did find a few clubmans but they sell super quick, you have to move VERY fast!

Cheers Barny. Bit much for me (at the moment) and it makes no reference to weight or overall size :(

I'll see what Brian James come up with and go from there. I'm not in a huge hurry as there are two places locally I can hire from :)

• Like 1