CLARKSON

housebeautician

For geeks like us but do you really think the average top gear presenter would really enjoy CH's style? 

I think they would enjoy him for his enthusiasm and knowledge - he is also a great driver who understands set-up and the underpinnings of a car

You might be right though (doesn't say much about the average watcher) :rolleyes::d

Interesting quote from BBC website...

Mr Tymon did not file a formal complaint and it is understood Clarkson reported himself to BBC bosses following the incident.

Sounds like Clarkson wanted to be sacked...

or more like he knew it would come out and thought it best to report himself

For geeks like us but do you really think the average top gear presenter would really enjoy CH's style? 

So true.

And recall what happened when Fifth Gear tried to copy the TG format, with the track base and two "lad" presenters in the studio. What a broadcasting catastrophe that was.

• Like 1

I genuinely don't think this is some sort of tin foil hat conspiracy. If they'd have wanted him out, they could have just not renewed the contract at the end of the month. 

To be blunt, now dont read if easily offended, the WSCC demographic is hardly typical of society these days. We're a bunch of dinosaurs and times have changed! Mildy racist jokes, don't OFFEND me (as a younger member of the club) they just aren't FUNNY anymore...

Time for TG 3.0

Edit to add: Aw crap im getting dragged in...no further comments from me!

Edited by RussH
  • Like 1

Lets get this back on track please

Which young lady should take his place  :laugh:  :laugh:

Ok ok

Chris Harris in a skirt

Ok ok

Chris Harris in a skirt

I'm sorry i mentioned that ruddy tutu  ;)

I can see 3 TV presenters marching up the steps of Sky galactic headquarters in the not too distant future.   They know how to flog a topical programme to death.

The other two will leave and Top Gear will be dead and buried. Then in the near future some other channel will produce another programme and the three will resurrect themselves and all will be well again.

Bob :d

The other two will leave and Top Gear will be dead and buried. Then in the near future some other channel will produce another programme and the three will resurrect themselves and all will be well again.

Bob :d

Top Gear as we've come to know it yes, I also hope a channel with the budget does go for it, too.

No reason why the BBC, can't reformat and bring a Top Gear back. That said, take away the terrible trio and their fans, plus those that continued watching them because of the early Clarkson/Hammond/May years and I'm not sure if there is actually an appetite for a magazine format motoring program on a main terrestrial channel. 

While le everyone says they want to watch a program about more regular cars, road test etc, I'm not sure if viewing figures really back that up.

• Like 1

+ 2! :yes: :yes:

+ 3 !  :angel-emoticon:

Jodie Kidd is also a bit of a car nut

she is, but I can't say I've been that impressed at the moment by her presenting on channel 5's classic car show.