CLARKSON

housebeautician

Seems like the beeb in their wisdom have decided not to renew his contract at the end of this month.

Not condoning him assaulting the producer but all these other so called infringements just make me think this country has lost its sense of humour.

Bye bye Jezza   :getmecoat:  :down:

Inevitable unfortunately. That bit was a pretty foregone conclusion. It's what the other two do that intrigues me.

I do think that its whole format will have to change now he's gone.

I don't think the other two can keep it going too long on their own but who can you get to fill jezzas boots, coz it ain't Chris Evans  :laugh:

Perhaps a tasty looking young woman could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post your suggestions below  :t-up:

I'll start

Eva Longora (I would)

Kaley Cuoco + 1

Chloe Annett  +2

I hope I'm just pesimisstic, but I do think that Top Gear (at least in its current format) is dead. I could also see an up and coming broadcaster with plenty of cash picking up all three presenters, Netflix perhaps?

Sabine Schmidt for me :love:

The program has incredible production values - the camera work, editing, just about everything good that the BBC has come to be associated with.  If I haven't always appreciated some of the story lines or episodes, I have ultimately enjoyed it as a series.  There's still a place for it, but it's needed a breath of fresh air for quite a while now.

I'm afraid JC's patented blend of casual "funny" racism and being the bully has probably had its chips.  It's a bit like having Piers Morgan as the tour guide at the British Museum - fantastic place when the front man isn't in the way, irritating all and sundry.

Forget JC's past indiscretions - anybody who punches someone else in the workplace is going to be shown the door - and rightly so.  Would you want to work with someone who punched a fellow worker and got away with it by keeping their job?  If JC didn't go, it would have undermined the morale and confidence of everyone else in the place.

What kills me is how JC does all these things, then sits back in surprise and amazement when he gets his just desserts and protests that he's the one being unfairly treated - it's always the way with a bully.

Keep TG.  If they want to come back, keep RH and JM too.  Don't let one bully ruin things for everyone else - especially the hard-working crew and the producer who went to work one day, couldn't get a fat cry baby a hot steak on demand, and had his world implode around him.  If JC has been treated unfairly, let him have a new TV show and we'll all see how well it does.

I enjoyed watching top gear and I'll miss Clarkson from the presenting team.

That said however the show has IMO been lacking new ideas for quite a while now so if the show continues into the future then I'm looking forward to a new team of presenters which hopefully will bring with them some fresh ideas and a maybe a different presenting style or format to the show.

• Like 1

I'll miss Clarkson too, but he has in my opinion one of the best jobs "in the world", and then he abuses his position.

It serves him right, pity he didn't square up to someone who fought back and dished out a hiding, TV personality, tick, prima donna/bully? Maybe a tick too?

Top Gear 2.0 is dead, just like 1.0 was at the end of the nineties.

That doesn't mean there can't be a 3.0, or that a new version can't be a success. But I would suspect they are going to have to completely refresh the format and come up with something new.

The last few years have been a magnificent example of how chemistry between presenters can make or break a show, even when the scripts have been poor, budgets tight and inspiration lacking, the chemistry of the three has kept it going and kept people watching. It's not something that can be replaced easily and trying to replace one alone, Clarkson, would I suspect, drag everything down.

Time for a change.

I am not suprised he has gone, but I am sure there were a lot hidden agendas at play.

Just as JC was pretty much the champion of the non PC man in the street, I am sure his kryptonite in some hardass left wing liberal Notting Hill sect were championing the Very PC agenda.

IMHO Top Gear as I knew and loved started dying about 5 years back (The India special)

The only thing that kept me there was the 3 way banter.

Like has been said, change one, change them all.

I would go...

Chris Evans

Sabine

I would love to say Rowen Atkinson, but he would clash with CE for top billing

Disappointed too - but as other have said when you start thumping folk you have clearly lost the plot regardless of there being any provocation or not

I have said it before - but I think get Top Gear should get back to focussing a little more on the cars - Chris Harris is your man, cool sort of a chap but rather geeky too :yes:

Oh and if you have never checked out a Chris Harris video - go and youtube him now :t-up:

I used to really like TG and found the way they presented both amusing and interesting - but I've not bothered with it for a while now as the whole "let's see what we can do with three cars in a far away land while insulting the locals and wrecking things" storyline just got far to contrived and formulaic for my taste.

Interesting quote from BBC website...

Mr Tymon did not file a formal complaint and it is understood Clarkson reported himself to BBC bosses following the incident.

Sounds like Clarkson wanted to be sacked...

There have been flashes of the old form in the last few years, but yes, broadly, I'd agree the India special marked a real turning point.

It's also the point that things with his wife Frances really went south. Before that, she was his manager and although she was the one that moulded him in to the more aggressive persona that went with Top a Gear 2.0, (compared to the old TG), she was also the one that would stop him in his tracks tell him when he was about to go to far. Since then, everything steadily spiralled further and further into caricature.

• Like 1

Disappointed too - but as other have said when you start thumping folk you have clearly lost the plot regardless of there being any provocation or not

I have said it before - but I think get Top Gear should get back to focussing a little more on the cars - Chris Harris is your man, cool sort of a chap but rather geeky too :yes:

Oh and if you have never checked out a Chris Harris video - go and youtube him now :t-up:

For geeks like us but do you really think the average top gear presenter would really enjoy CH's style? 

Interesting quote from BBC website...

Mr Tymon did not file a formal complaint and it is understood Clarkson reported himself to BBC bosses following the incident.

Sounds like Clarkson wanted to be sacked...

I don't know about wanted to be sacked, but yes it was reported quite early that he'd reported himself, though the media played that bit down as it didn't fit their particular agenda.