New Nosecone Required

stephenh

I don't suppose anyone has a nosecone they don't want knocking about? Must be in good condition, either postoffice red or carbon fibre.

I could do with one fairly urgently, and the factory only buy them in to order, and quote a 4-6 week delivery. Judging by recent posts, that may be optimistic as well.

I've thought of going carbon, but Carbon Mods (who are again making parts for Westfields) have run out of pre-preg. carbon and are waiting for it to come in from Italy. In the meantime, they have an ever increasing order book backlog so it looks like that wouldn't be available much before the end of April either.

Does anyone else do nosecones? For those who don't know my car, it is a "modern" wide body, so technically what Westfield describe as ZK body.

You spoken to Luke at Playskool?

I managed to get a lightweight nose from him previously.

Cheers,

Dave

You've posted in part for sale?????

now moved :)

now moved :)

Thanks Mark!

Yes, I've spoken to Luke. Problem then is colour matching.

Black looks nice on a red car, matches the cycle wings :)

• Like 1

How bad is yours Stephen? Could it not be repaired to a satisfactory condition?

How bad is yours Stephen? Could it not be repaired to a satisfactory condition?

It got backed into by a Ferrari at Rockingham! It is badly split across the top front. Out of shape, and only just held together by the fibreglass strands, so I would be very surprised if it was repairable. Only other possibility is whether Mick could be persuaded to make one for me, if he has a mould?

thats bad luck Stephen - i hope he/ she is going to pay for it old chum?

Stephen

You would be surprised how easy it would be to effect a temporary repair using one of the Halffords GRP kits.

Add a layer on the inside and maybe some tape on the outside.

It may look ugly but would be more than strong enough to keep you going until a permanent replacement found.

When you have it off make a note of the GRP label as you will need the number to match the gelcoat

David

David, I know I could do a temporary "bodged" repair, but it is all added weight!

I suspect it is going to be a case of bodged repair for my next one or two events (three sisters and aintree) and in the meantime get a lightweight carbon one on order.

I've got various sources in mind.

I've priced up the cost of replacing like with like, and will claim that from the Ferrari driver, and put that towards the cost of an upgrade.

Well done Stephen most of us would have been chasing that Ferrari driver around the paddock with a large blunt object but you just fixed the nosecone and got on with it  :yes:

Stephen%201_zpsakfjdtm4.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.