Oldie but Newbie

David Oxfordshire

The type 9 does not need an adaptor plate in the chassis - I remember when I did mine there was mention somewhere of one and I even got the factory to send me a plate when I said it was missing - but when it came to fitting the box, the plate didn't fit anywhere sensible and it turned out that the box mounts to the front of the existing plate welded into the chassis. You do need to drill it though.

It did seem odd at the time!

Oh, and there's never a daft question ;)

PS - start a build thread in the tech talk section - having one helped me loads!

Great...,.will do. Thanks for the advice. I'll get a thread started.

• 1 month later...

ooh by the way, if anyone is thinking of dropping in a 1.6 ecoboost drop me a line and I can offer some advice (still very limited).

David

I am interested in the advise you have we are both in same area, I have my Westie in the garage I intend to transplant the Ecoboost into, already purchased just need to get the Pinto out and sold

Cheers Chris

Looks good Pete, whats the clearance you have under the bonnet? looks around 10"?

You going dry sump? clearance doesnt look too bad on the OE sump.

Sorry for probably asking something that has been asked alot, but where the hell do the connections on the engine loom go? There also seem to be some dead ends (like oil pressure) coming from the main loom and not having a wired pin on the engine loom side....very confused as I'm a mechanical engineer and not an electrical one  :)  :)

Anyone have a wiring diagram that can help me? where does the loom connect to the water temp / oil pressure etc?

Thanks!