LED upgrade questions.

Murraymint

The ones with 24 LEDs should give a better spread of light,as they have 6 LEDs pointing out sideways to light up reflector where as the ones in your link only have leds facing straight backwards :)

Do you have a link to the ones you mention?          I can't find any except the crappy ones I tried.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the one's that you can get when you replace the bulbs in your normal tin top where the system is measuring if a bulb has got out. The led bulbs have a built in resister to compensate for the low power the bulb uses. Surley they must work in a westy with no mods done to it, opps jusr remembered have some in already. Got some in my crv and they work fine as well.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111177552108?nav=SEARCH

These are the ones I had seen, not tried them though!

I'm happy atm with the light output from standard bulbs in my rear lights :)

Not a lot different to the ones I tried,  they were heavy and as I said the they fell apart with the vibration, the glass came out of the metal end cap.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the one's that you can get when you replace the bulbs in your normal tin top where the system is measuring if a bulb has got out. The led bulbs have a built in resister to compensate for the low power the bulb uses. Surley they must work in a westy with no mods done to it, opps jusr remembered have some in already. Got some in my crv and they work fine as well.

it doesn't matter if they have resistors or not, they all work in our Westfields ok.

Not a lot different to the ones I tried,  they were heavy and as I said the they fell apart with the vibration, the glass came out of the metal end

You moaned about the light output not filling the lamp, these have side facing leds to give a better spread of light.

Ref the design,Pretty sure all led replacement bulbs are built like that.

You moaned about the light output not filling the lamp, these have side facing leds to give a better spread of light.

Ref the design,Pretty sure all led replacement bulbs are built like that.

The side facing led's may help a bit.

Only the stop and tails are that design, front sidelights and other bulbs are very light, like these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-T10-5050-5-SMD-LED-XENON-HID-WHITE-W5W-501-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-/301396280616?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item462c9e4528 and suffer from another problem, the yellow diodes are shaken loose and fall out into the headlamp bowl.  I have this type at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-501-CAPLESS-12V-INTERIOR-SIDE-LIGHT-LED-BULB-white-/131175429447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e8aaa3547 and so far they are still working after 6 months.

I've given up on the rear light's but will try the complete led light units, the ones that have non replaceable bulbs, in the future.

• 3 years later...

Just searching through old posts, could any of guys recommend LED suppliers for the VDO clock bulbs and dash warning lights please?

cheers:yes: