Ebay help required. Possible Scam?

TableLeg

I had some car parts on Ebay. Never had this issue before but I smell a large rat!

Buyer buys items, pays straight away via PayPal.............

Buyer has 0 feedback..........and joined Ebay Today 5th March.

I have contacted them twice today about this but had no response.

I would like to cancel the transaction and refund the money but it looks as though I have already been charged £3 by PayPal in the way of fees.

I have heard about the scam where people claim the parts never turned up. I reckon this could be along the same lines.

Anybody have any advice on the best way to deal with this via Ebay and PayPal?

Send the parts by registered post. He ll have to signfor them.

Everyone was new to eBay once, I wouldn't get too drastic just yet, but you're staying alert which is a good thing.

• Like 1

Agree with Bernie, send the items Tracked so you have proof of delivery, I ordered some stuff through eBay that got sent Tracked, they never turned up but because the seller had a tracking ref, eBay ruled in their favour.

Just spoke to Ebay. They were worse than useless :no:

I'll wait and see if the buyer contacts me.

• Like 1

If it's an item that they need to collect then do a paypal refund of the money now and politely explain to them that you will only accept cash on collection.

If its an item that needs to be posted then always send by a tracked and signed for service.

If you're not happy, don't send anything until they respond to your questions - then send via something like MyHermes (or any other decent courier). You can usually select loss insurance cover for very little extra so should the buyer claim they never arrived, you would have proof from the courier and also loss coverage - if all that still leaves you worried then suggest collection only.

There appear to be so many buyer "item not delivered" scams you wonder if it's worth it - local autojumble or car boot sales still have their appeal ! :)      

What Mark Wendon said.........almost failsafe

yes you are only covered if your parcel  is  tracked and signed at verified  address . plus make sure there account is verified to there address.

Thanks All.

Still no response from the buyer.

What are you expecting to hear about from the buyer?

What are you expecting to hear about from the buyer?

I asked them a question relating to my item that requires a response before I can send them.