WILL THIS SHOWER-CAP FIT A WESTFIELD

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I have been looking for some form of weather protection as I am planning a trip around Scotland for a couple of weeks  and would need to leave Buttercup outside all night.

I have been looking at this from Soft bits for sevens.

http://www.softbitsshop.co.uk/motorsport-storm-cap-999-p.asp

I previously spoke with Nick from Soft Bits and he said he would need a Westfield at his shop to make me one but I live hundreds of miles away.

Just wondering if anyone thinks that if it would fit a year 2000 SeW.

The fit, particularly around the boot area looks to be tailored specifically to the Caterham. Whist it would possibly fit on a westfield, I wouldn't expect it will fit as well as the caterham in the pictures and video and it might need some reworking for the shape of a westfield.

Expensive bit of kit ?

Halfords cover will do the job for less than half the price.

Look at...

Walker St Clare Cickpit Cover

as advertised in Westfield World

• Like 1

Walker St Clair for me too and Les then half the price

WSCCDec2014Meet013_zps17c690ff.jpg

Walker St Clair for me and I think Bioman too.

Hello everyone.

Thankyou for the great advice and help.

I did look at those and I was not sure if they would blow off as the times I have travelled round Scotland in the past it has been quite windy especially on the west coast and up near loch Eriboll.

What I liked about the one from soft bits are the securing straps.

Have you found the ones that you have listed to be secure.

I bought the Walker St Clare for my previous Westie and found the strap points not too great.  I contacted the seller/maker and he kindly send additional strap points to me along with matching wire for me to add at no extra cost.  Stupidly sold it with the car  :getmecoat:

What you need to do is to buy two suction type hooks (like these) and stick them upside down on either side of the cockpit.  If you stretch the cover down onto these it will tighten the whole thing.  How do I know?  Because I've lost two before utilising this fix.

Not sure why a cockpit cover woukd be favoured over a full one? They look about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Halfords cover is a really good bit of kit.

I bought a length of shock cord and a little plastic coated Carabina, for well under a tenner, the stretchy shock cord threads through the loops in the cover and is perfect for looping under the car etc. The little carabina makes it a doddle to fasten. Has remained in place in really windy conditions before now.

Not sure why a cockpit cover woukd be favoured over a full one? They look about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Halfords cover is a really good bit of kit.

Folds up really small and very handy when out and about, very easy to fit to.

• Like 1

for me it's all down to the packed size. I have both but i carry a cockpit cover as it takes up 5 times less space in the car than the full cover does. space is at a premium when i have a passenger so compromises have to be made. Being smaller it's quicker and easier to fit, and when soaking wet after a downpour it's still easy to get in it's stuff sack to carry home.

Everything Mark said. Handling a wet cover that's half the normal size is much easier than a full size one, specially when you're actually out and about with a full car.

Plus as a minor secondary consideration, buying that particular Walker St Claire item was supporting another club members business!