Westfield cosworth's?

Stevec33

The thing is to get a nice westy with 220-250 bhp as a 2.0 n/a car they start to become serious money as the engines cost so much to get the power from. Just weighing up some different options of different engines and doing some research at the minute as ive got a budget in mind and im struggling to find what im looking for in a 2.0 n/ car

Have you considered a bike engined car Steve?  

A standard Hayabusa running 180bhp (or whatever they run as standard) could have a comparable power to weight ratio to a car engine running the sort of numbers you are after.  I read somewhere that the cosworth lump is a bit on the heavy side but someone may correct me - and I'm not saying that it isn't great for westfield application, just tossing around the power to weight debate.  

A fireblade engine is lighter still, by some way, and with a small turbo running modest levels of boost the results are astounding.  I can vouch for that  :)

Yes the s2000 cars look great, one would probably suit me well but with them being quite new the prices are still high and i havent seen one for sale

This could be ignorance, but wouldn't a duratec car, with a tuned cylinder head & 285 cams be on a par power wise with an s2000 & work out a fair bit cheaper ?

Wouldn't gearing be an easier match too ?

Steve

Agree about the high prices / new model scenario

You didn't say what the level was that you're willing to spend....Like lots of things in life you (mostly) get what you pay for.  I'm guessing that you wouldn't be able to easily transplant a good S2000 motor into an older car as there are different chassis member triangulations required to accommodate the S2000 gearbox.

There are cars coming onto the market all the time, especially between now and summer so something may take your fancy.....

I really only want to spend a max of about 12k ideally, and ive seen a cosworth engined car for a bit less. A duratec car would be nice but again they are a bit out of my budget, or would be fairly low spec if there was one available.

You would get a very decent spec car for 12K.

If you found a 180-200BHP car for that money it would still be seriously quick.

Ideally it would be closer to 10k but we'l see what comes up i guess. Ive allready had a couple of westys before, one was 165hp with a pinto and the other was 180hp with a vauxhall redtop, i feel like ive been there snd done it with that power level and would like to try something new

Fair enough.

Sometimes it's an itch that needs to be scratched:)

Yes thats just it really, always on the quest for more power when what you have/had realistically is plenty fast enough.