Rear wheel and tyre sizes

chriss1455

Hi,

Does anyone know what the maximum width wheels and tyres you can for on a widebody?

I'm currently running 7x15 with 195/50/15 tyres but for me they don't look like they fill the rear arches enough.

Was thinking of upping the rears to 8x15 with probably 225/50/15 but I'm unsure if they would fit with ease.

Any advice would be appreciated

Chris

Hi Chris

you can just push them out with spacers or change the offset to move them further out. If you do this then you still keep a common size of tyre which has a lot of variety for performance compounds to choose from. It will probably only take a 10mm spacer and in most cases your wheel studs will have enough thread.

If you check the ET on your wheels and see if a smaller ET will push it further out to make it fill the arch.

Cheers Jon

I have a wide body with 2 sets of wheels / tyres for mine:

- 1 set with 195/50/15 all round, and

- 2nd set with 205/50/15 front and 225/50/15 rear

Both fit fine but I needed different thickness spacers to space them all correctly:

- 195's take 10mm front and 5mm rear

- 205's take 15mm front and 225's are 8mm rear

The alloys have different offsets, but the point is, with the correct spacers, there is a fair degree of flexibility with the wide arches.

Cheers for advice regarding spacers never thought to try them, would be a much cheaper alternative offering the same desired result

You can probably go up to 20mm spacers if your studs are long enough and if not its cheap to install longer ones