Top gear filming

darve

I was lucky enough to get invited to the filming today by a friend who had a spare ticket to go to the filming of Sundays show :)

I agree with the general consensus that top gear isn't what it used to be but a lot more funny stuff goes on that you don't get to see on TV :d

Don't think I got caught my the camera so won't have made my tv debut :oops: our tactic of standing next to the LFA failed as they never came over there lol

Jeremy is very funny live

They're all very slick at presenting with very few retakes

Hammond is indeed very short

Most of the time something or someone was in the way but good fun day out

Anyone else been before?

Yeah. When you're queuing up before going in they give special wrist bands to the "attractive" people and then they get called forward

If someone looks badly dress or I guess down right ugly, they get asked to move out of shot. There goes your self confidence.....

I never got ushered forwards. Don't know why :d

We went about 8 years ago and it was busy then, it always looks packed now.

They cut loads of the interview out

The day we went was one of the hottest days for years. It was the show they built the catering van, while racing stig to Croft

Its a long day on your feet though, but we did see the Aston DBS as they were filming James bond on the airfield

Good day out though

Yeah me legs were killing me :(

A few squats in the interval sorted that out :d

Yup i've been, I went last year. The show where they showed the mono. I can conquer with the wrist band thing and interviews cut down, yes they are very slick and quite funny. Oh and you get a cup of tea and a pack of crisps in the interval!! Free of Charge! I wasn't ushered either!

A good day as it brings it all to life, but you can see a few of the creative things they do with cameras. The live show filming does including showing you the video clips of the things they do/challenges whilst being part of the audience, so basically you get to see the show early. A good day out, recommend!

When I went to see Top of The Pops eons ago, the camera crew literally pushed you out of the way if you dare get in the way of them moving the cameras around the studio.   My friend standing next to me was one of the those attacked by the crew, they literally hit him in the back with the camera stand whilst  Jethro Tull were playing but he got his own back and elbowed the camera mans assistant in the eye.  Didn't seem to bother him much and nothing was said. 

I was lucky enough to get invited to the filming today by a friend who had a spare ticket to go to the filming of Sundays show :)

I agree with the general consensus that top gear isn't what it used to be but a lot more funny stuff goes on that you don't get to see on TV :d

Don't think I got caught my the camera so won't have made my tv debut :oops: our tactic of standing next to the LFA failed as they never came over there lol

Jeremy is very funny live

They're all very slick at presenting with very few retakes

Hammond is indeed very short

Most of the time something or someone was in the way but good fun day out

Anyone else been before?

Hell's teeth Fella. I must have been stood right beside you! By the Blue Lexus right? Or were you over the other side by the Cool Wall...? I guess so, as was in my WSCC jacket so I imagine you would have nudged me at some stage.

I went last year, they had the Caterham 620R in there, i jumped in it at the end of the day and duly got told off by a caterham bod!

Stig also pulled a table cloth off a table in the studio which was a laugh.

Also got to drive the track in a 370Z and taken out by "the stig" for a flying lap in a GTR.  That was a good day! (won a competition for that day).  Great little circuit.

Hell's teeth Fella. I must have been stood right beside you! By the Blue Lexus right? Or were you over the other side by the Cool Wall...? I guess so, as was in my WSCC jacket so I imagine you would have nudged me at some stage.

WHAT?!?!?

Yes by the LFA the whole time!!!! 

Think we need our eyes tested Andy :oops:

WHAT?!?!?

Yes by the LFA the whole time!!!! 

Think we need our eyes tested Andy :oops:

Ohh dear...  :d

Still that's something ticked off the list after three years of trying  :yes:

Guess both you boys only had eyes for pretty boy Hammond :laugh:

He is certainly someone to look down to...