Target Times 2015

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Cripes!  I beat a couple of target times in class A last year, and was a gibbering, jabbering wreck at the end of each run.  In both cases, there has been a significant drop in the target times, so the heat is definitely on. 

Still, as mentioned above, it's the same for all entrants, and should drive progress.

It's a good job I only eat pies with a carbon fibre crust these days... .  I'm going to have to give some serious thought to losing extraneous body parts (and I'm not just talking about the car).

Thanks, as ever, to the Speed Series Committee for the blood, sweat and sums involved in defining the times.

• Like 2

Sounds like the Budget cuts, every year making it harder to enjoy, compete and actually win anything, glad I didn't bother wasting money on going and competing at Prescott and others..

OH Prescott not on the calendar.... Funds well saved... Wonder why there's loads of westies for sale???

Each to their own I guess, I'll be competing and supporting the Speed Series again this year, 11th year on the trot and personally I think the Series has only improved and gone from strength to strength.

As for Prescott, if the club running it are not invited, they'll be hard pushed to invite us, but that's been well covered already.

Give it a go TT, you might even enjoy it...

• Like 3

Think I started when Noah's ark ran aground and I caught an incurable pastime

Brilliant and hope everyone has a great 2015 season

• Like 2

Weren't you part of the initial design team for the Ark Terry....

• Like 1

Think Turbo dont forget mate that the target time is exactly just that - a target upon which to base the 100 point score.  The actual target any driver is competeing against is himself and his machinery.  If you enter any speed event in the knowledge that you wont be the quickest but you want to get your own time each time then you can't be disappointed. 

I would personally see the target time as a basis for personal improvement and an aim to achieve rather than a distant figure.

In your class you will "win" class awards as your time on the day counts not it's direct relevance to the SS Target Time.

I'm a novice with a small budget and can honestly say 2014 was one of the best summers of my adult life in the friends I made and the improvement in my driving of the old Mighty Crossflow. 

It would be very door to see you in the paddock and cheer you on if you decide to give it a try mate,

Yours in motorsport,

James Alexander 

• Like 4

Well put James, you don't know how good you are until you try.

Richard------if I had been asked by Noah to design the Ark it would have been much lighter due to the carbon fibre parts used and would have travelled far and wide by using a fire blade engine :d

• Like 1

And here's me thinking I'd be referred to as an elephant trotting on two by two

Heavy passengers on the Ark would not be allowed :p

James Alexander, thank you, and well put, I'll give it a go in 2016 now, hope Prescott on the calendar purely as its my closest event, and I visit it for the hill climbs champs every year and always dreamed of having a go..!

See u soon in the Paddock

• Like 3

As I said in another thread, If a member of Bugatti owners club you can enter their one day members only event.

If you want to run at Prescott this is probably the easiest / most certain option

The cost of membership is not much and less than going to each of the main events and paying for a ticket on the door.

If you go to the opening round of the championship in April, pay on the door then become a member on the day by visiting the friends of Prescott marquee and you will have your day ticket refunded against membership

Heavy passengers on the Ark would not be allowed :p

Can panda go on the ark?

Sorry but no bamboo to eat for Pandas only carbon fibre diets provided

Think - now worries mate, I am a total novice and more by luck than judgement I havent written off my car.  If it is a dream you must go for it but enjoy it and dont put too much pressure on yourself - prescott is a tough hill to get right all the way up and easy to come unstuck.  

See you in the paddock for 2016 when I should have a mighty return to speed series :-)

Think Turbo

I've been following your posts re the speed series and I think I see the problem ???

To me I think you tend to over think about the things that you think you want to do and whilst your thinking about what you think you want to do I think your not doing them :oops:

Like James last year was my very first season in the speed series, also like James I had the most fun, laughs, thrills, scared myself stupid and made more new mates than ever in my adult life.

Stop thinking about it mate and have a go,  I think you might enjoy it :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

• Like 7