Target Times 2015

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The numbers you have all be waiting for  :d

I have enclosed the Target Times for this year together with an explanation as to how they are set. One point I would like to stress is that where possible we want to use an "Actual Record Time" set by a WSCC Competitor in that class of car.

Target Times WSCC 22 Feb 2015 - Final.pdf

2015 Target Times reasoning 22 feb 15.pdf

• Like 1

Please send me your diet plan Rich

Can't say I study the times that closely. Turn up and drive as well as I can and get the points I get.

I do know that lots of work goes into them though and sounds like they are more refined than ever this year - so well done all involved.

• Like 1

They're 'Pigs flying times' for me!

But SS's still brill :)

Can't say I study the times that closely. Turn up and drive as well as I can and get the points I get.

I do know that lots of work goes into them though and sounds like they are more refined than ever this year - so well done all involved.

Like David says, thanks to all involved for all the hard work producing these target times  :t-up:

From a class B point of view it looks like it's gonna be difficult to score well this year, but then I do love a challenge  ;)

• Like 1

Like David says, thanks to all involved for all the hard work producing these target times  :t-up:

From a class B point of view it looks like it's gonna be difficult to score well this year, but then I do love a challenge  ;)

Thanks Martin, I am sick of looking at figures and getting headaches trying to sort it all out.

Whilst Yes, A & B will be more difficult to get big points in, don;t forget that everyone in those classes is in the same boat. More importantly, the targets that have been set should be better as they are based on the experienced drivers in the other classes. So as an example, one of your other competitors is less likely to be able to go to an event that you don;t go to and score big points because the Target there had been set by a relatively slow driver. That comment of course applies to all classes.

But we are aware that try as hard as we do, we are never going to please all of the people all of the time. Hopefully year on year the process gets better.

• Like 1

That's a good explanation Nick :t-up: I must admit that I was a bit surprised at some of the times but what you say there makes absolute sense and, as others have already said, we're all in it together. As a complete novice to this, it doesn't really make any difference to me anyway!

I just can't wait to get out and get sprinting, and it's the behind-the-scenes hard work that you all put in that makes that possible, so thank you very much!

No mention of class I - does this mean I can't win my class this year?   :lg-westy:   :getmecoat:

I accept that is difficult and a little pointless (joke intended) with only one electric Westfield in the series - I compare my times with the other petrol cars anyway. 

Should be interesting - this years car is 200Kg lighter !  ;)

• Like 1

John

Nick will be publishing the class I times as well as the Class J times 

going to be a challenging year with certain events banning tyre warming

Who and where is tyre warming now banned

Personally I rarely bother with tyre warming 

going to be a challenging year with certain events banning tyre warming

Double driving is banned?! Bit harsh on those who have joint investment in a car!! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

No tyre warming at Prescott also this year (but neither is WSCC  :() .

My expectation is that this will become the norm for all hills and is already a growing trend at sprints (Pembrey, Snetterton, Ty Croes).

In addition to Nick's comments A&B have to be expert-equivalent targets as novices can also enter in other classes (C to H) and thus a level playing field across all classes for the Novice Championship.