Carbon Exhaust, where to get from?

Prawnabie

Hi All,

Im after a carbon exhaust with link pipe for a widebody, Ive tried the factory and they can't give me a date and ive tried motad and they have told be to try the factory, is there anywhere else that does them off the shelf?

Thanks,

Shaun

I thought Motad sold them outside the factory?  They occasionally appear on Ebay (by Motad), so they do sell them seperately...

Motad will sell you a 6 inch universal carbon silencer direct

But not the 6.5 inch Westfield version ( as you said )

Shaun

I know someone who makes exhaust systems - and I will be getting him to make me a Carbon can with link pipe.

Assuming your headers end roughly where mine do, I can order one for you too if you want.

I'm planning on getting a re-packable silencer and having the option of a 'db killer' just in case I need it.

I will be measuring up and sending him the spec over the next few days, so PM me for more info.

Chris

Hi,

I have been on the phone to Motad this week, as soon as you say you have a Westfield they say they don't sell to the public and you have to contact the factory.....

I am looking for a carbon silencer too so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. The factory silencers aren't specifically made for bike engines so I need a bespoke can.

Cheers,

Roger

I had Infinity Exhausts in Bristol put a db killer in the middle of my stainless repackable silencer recently. I'll start it up in the next couple of days and see if it seems to have made a difference.

I am looking for a carbon silencer too so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. The factory silencers aren't specifically made for bike engines so I need a bespoke can.

The guy I know does bike exhausts, so will be able to help - I'll get in touch with him and scope out a 'group buy' discount - I know that they will be significantly cheaper than the factory price.

Yes it was a peach - Moriwaki Stage 1 motor, Ohlins forks, Penske shock, Brembos, Spondon modded frame & race QR swinging-arm, Oz wheels. (sigh) I miss her :(

Did you never get on the VTR List?

Ahhhh i had one too. V twin thumper...it was my first bike. Blue flame exhaust sounded amazing...

Sorry for the high jack...

Hi All,

Im after a carbon exhaust with link pipe for a widebody, Ive tried the factory and they can't give me a date and ive tried motad and they have told be to try the factory, is there anywhere else that does them off the shelf?

Thanks,

Shaun

Shaun are you after a CAT or non CAT silencer?

If it's non cat you need, ring motad again & enquire about a 6 inch non cat carbon silencer, they will sell those direct to the public, then sort out a link pipe .

thanks for the replies guys,

Lewis I am after a non cat ideally but open to suggestions!

I was going to say that I was going to send my non CAT carbon silencer back to the factory to swap it for a CAT version but they don't make a carbon CAT silencer so I'm holding onto it now.