Clan McWesty: STONELEIGH 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Right guys, after our meeting recently, it would appear that there's more interest for a group trip down to Stoneleigh :black-westy::orange-westy::lg-westy::yellow-westy::westy: You don't need me to tell you but this is a great event and undoubtedly the best opportunity to meet other members and see so many westys (and other kitcars) in one place!

I'm posting this now as we'll need to get our finger out if this is going to materialise! Ask ANY questions you have on here and we'll get some group agreements for timings, travel and sleeping arrangements. Also, please feel free to air any concerns that you may have on taking this trip and we can discuss and share on here! :t-up:

Some wish to camp on-site and details can be found on the elsewhere on the forum and from the website, but suffice to say that there'll be a westy only plot that'll keep you all together. I've details of a cheap'n'cheerful hotel close by but you must let me know very soon as rooms are going fast. There's secure parking, of course!

Start posting your interest and I'll update this post:

bombero
clansman
Chris Rae
theprisoner

Angus

Hornet600
JimM
Matta

Wills 57

Andy (SKC)

Can't wait ........... :yes:....come on guys lets make it a great weekend 

I'd certainly like to make this trip.

I can't totally commit, but I'm happy to book and pay for anything I need to, and if I can't do it c'est la vie.

Probably prefer a hotel as I'm soft like that :blush:

Doug (would I need to wash my car?)

I'd certainly like to make this trip.

I can't totally commit, but I'm happy to book and pay for anything I need to, and if I can't do it c'est la vie.

Probably prefer a hotel as I'm soft like that :blush:

Doug (would I need to wash my car?)

No worries, mate. I'll look into room availability as soon as we get more responses. Car can come as it is! :rolleyes:

@clansman, are you and Chris needing rooms? I'll check on singles and twins.

I'd certainly like to, but given it's a 1000 mile round trip for me I reserve the right to chicken out if the forecast looks terrible.

How many are taking their Kit Cars?

The preferred plan would be everyone .. or at least, most of us! I certainly intended the suggestion that way but did leave it open to car (tintop) sharing or clubbing together and hire a self drive minibus. I'm obviously hoping it'll be kitcars!! If planned properly, we'll have a leisurely drive down on the Saturday with pre-planned fuel stops. Could even look into a support van if that's an option..   

I'd certainly like to, but given it's a 1000 mile round trip for me I reserve the right to chicken out if the forecast looks terrible.

Doug, it is a long leg for you in a oner right enough, and I'm not sure what clansman has planned from the Aberdeen area. If you guys can spare the time, drive down to here abouts on the Friday. You could all squeeze in at mine (I've just enough floor space, lol) or we could spread you out across some of the other lowlanders, or a cheap B&B in this area..

Count me in for the trip.

I'll be going in the Tiger and meeting the Tiger boys down there.

Usually camp on site but may look at better accommodation this year.

Will check this out later.

Cheers Jim

Angus and I usually take the kits. Last year the weather was awesomely good both for camping and driving. I have been other years when this was far from the case. It is good crack to take the cars, There is an awesome p***-up on the Saturday night (ask Angus).

• Like 2

Count me in for the trip.

I'll be going in the Tiger and meeting the Tiger boys down there.

Usually camp on site but may look at better accommodation this year.

Will check this out later.

Cheers Jim

Hi Jim, did you get my email? Mine is rabreid423 at gmail dot com

You went last year in the Tiger, didn't you?

Angus and I usually take the kits. Last year the weather was awesomely good both for camping and driving. I have been other years when this was far from the case. It is good crack to take the cars, There is an awesome p***-up on the Saturday night (ask Angus).

Will you be taking the kits this year? Sounding like we're getting a few numbers already which is brilliant!

That's what I like to see ....plenty of names :yes:  the more the merrier

As for the room(s) Rab for me is a definite as for Chris I would guess the same but I can contact him and get him to make a choice. As for what mode of transport to do it in ..............is there any other option other than the Westie!!!!

Come on Doug Dastardly your a Scotsman from the highlands it is only water lol  

Having a pit stop in your area Rab is a good idea was thinking that as well, Doug could either meet there or met us in Aberdeen and come down to you. 

• Like 1