word of warning selling on ebay

pete g

I'd be speaking to Paypal and asking them why they are assisting with the theft of this engine. They are the ones taking the money, which makes it theft! Its not guilty till proven innocent

• 3 weeks later...

update

1 month on i just got my update letter from anti fraud agency. .basically stated thankyou for reporting .but we not going to tell you b******* all  as what we have done about it.

paypal still chasing me for the money and account unusable till I pay them  

ebay don't give a ****

and still waiting for the blokes credit card to do there investigations . [no contact .don't know who they are .not allowed to know who they are.]

so looking like I have been done over one and truly  . wont be using paypal service again unless I get my money back . and even then im not sure.

Sorry to hear this Pete. Hope you get sorted. An eye opener for people to take note of

Unreal. Hope you get a resolution Pete but have to say it's not looking good.

Can't believe folks try and pull stunts like this, clearly not a typical 'Westy Owner'

We could go and pay him a visit.......looks like a grade A PIKEY actually.

you got it :down:

Just a thought,

if you were to go up there and take the engine back, could you be done for theft as technically, he doesn't have it :devil: :devil:

Have a look at his FB account, almost every picture has a caravan or picket pick up in the background. Clearly one of our Caravan Utilising Nomadic Traveller associates. Hang on that spells C...

:)

• Like 3

you got it lol

• 1 month later...

update

got a email from another ebay user today who saw my feedback on the buyer. he also had a charge back against him.

but just got paid out by credit card company .so looks like I will get my money back fingers crossed.

will have to wait another 2weeks for 75 days time limit to finish.

spoke to paypal and they seem to know whats happening will update once I hear more

• Like 1

I've been done by very similar, running a business, through eBay, PayPal are owned by eBay, and ****.

Don't pay the bill, I was owed £300, and as they wouldn't credit or pay there account I Never got my money back...

I still know who and where they are, 8 years gone, I Will have Karma one day

• 3 weeks later...

finally the case was found in my favour  but took the full 75 days.

so I can start buying again on ebay :d  :d :d  :d  :d 

hope the toe rag gets what he deserves  :angry: 

• Like 3

A good result in the end for you Pete, but a PITA that it took so long for them to resolve.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.