word of warning selling on ebay

pete g

I can be creative when I need to be ;-) 

The slight risk is how it escalates and whether it's worth it for £200 but sometimes there is a principle at stake.

Despicable, I just googled "charlie boswell westfield" and this post came up on page 1, 3rd one down :)

He will get his comeuppance at some point, I just hope we hear about it.

well will keep you all updated

There's also one on book face with a Westfield with an open profile

Yep, I found him too, he said ......... and I quote "Now the quads gone I've got a 2l zetec to go in me westy." .......... I wonder where he got that from????:devil: :devil:

he will need more bits for it so your been warned any one sellng  zetec parts

Yep, I found him too, he said ......... and I quote "Now the quads gone I've got a 2l zetec to go in me westy." .......... I wonder where he got that from? ???:devil: :devil:

Take a screenshot and keep it. You can use it as proof that he DID get your engine.

I wonder where he 'bought' the Westy

Do you have the engine number written down

Surely if he had the item and withdrawn payment thats theft - like bouncing a cheque

I would screen shot everything related to it,feedbsck/facebook etc - along with correspondance and phone paypal

Ive found them to be ok if you speak to them

If not push the police into paying him a visit with the evidence

If your engine is in his car and payment has been withdrawn surely thers a crime commited

I wonder if hes on the locost site

Stuff like this really annoys me; I think it's the arrogance/bear faced cheek of the scumbags as much as anything.

I hope you get sorted out Pete, and if not he doesn't half make a lot of his day to day life public, via Facebook, including work stuff....

Thanks for posting this thread though, I fully admit to having done exactly what you've done; getting people to pay via PayPal prior to collection. I naively thought I was avoiding being stitched up with dodgy cash, last minute haggling etc, till I read this, I never even considered the loophole you've been stung by.

Although it's temping to kick him in the nuts try another angle... Dear police, x has obtained goods by deception... Or x is handling stolen goods.

Worth a try?

Really gets my goat this sort of thing..  If you felt inclined you could make a claim through the courts.  Reasonably simple thing to start off by downloading and completing a form (I think).  You would have to pay a fee (and potentially attend a court hearing) but this would be recoverable should you be successful – along with interest on the amount due!

I say “if you felt inclined” because I’m sure the whole process would be a bit of a ball ache but if you wanted to make a point of principle, it’s a legitimate course of action.  It would also cause him some pain as the courts will issue him with a CCJ (until he proves he is innocent or otherwise) and he will then be ineligible for any sort of credit (mortgage, store cards, credit cards etc) until it is resolved and potentially for a period after.  It may even prevent him from being employed should he be looking for work in certain industries.

That’s my understanding of the process but I have never been through it.  More here:

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.