Caption this...

JOCKER

Personally I would not hesitate to put in an official complaint. If you didn't get his name etc he can be traced through his number plate which shows up on your photo. Also he caused you to stop on a double white line system, obviously a very stupid thing to do. I am not anti police but from what you say he was way out of order and at the very least he needs a talking too.

• Like 2

You're a naughty naughty boy. But you've got it all on video I guess. Oh joy, a real jobs worth by the sounds of things.

Bob :d :d

Stranger things have been known ....http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2014-12-03/fake-police-officer-fined-after-pulling-over-lone-women/

I'd have a word at my local police station if that were me - firstly for the way he behaved (especially if on camera) and also the concern that he may not be genuine .....

• Like 1

Personally I would not hesitate to put in an official complaint. If you didn't get his name etc he can be traced through his number plate which shows up on your photo. Also he caused you to stop on a double white line system, obviously a very stupid thing to do. I am not anti police but from what you say he was way out of order and at the very least he needs a talking too.

This ^^^^^^

I'd have a word at my local police station if that were me - firstly for the way he behaved (especially if on camera) and also the concern that he may not be genuine .....

and this ^^^^^ - bang out of order if you were not breaking the law...and bang out of order even if you were.  I'm all for abiding the law and supporting the police, but not for anyone trying to enforce it like that.  One, if that's not an official police car, he had no business trying to stop you.  Two, I'd be pretty scared and feeling vulnerable if I was securely belted into an open top car and some unknown person in a plain civilian car undertook me at excessive speed, slammed on the anchors to block my path on a main road, got out of their car and came towards me - the fact that he was a policeman could not have been known until he identified himself, and I would have been very frightened indeed.  Three, if it was an official police car, he'd have used his blue lights to identify himself which would have made the situation less dangerous.  Four, if he tries that stunt on someone else, they might assault him in perceived self-defence before he has a chance to flash his warrant card.  This needs complaining about, loudly and now.

I'd report it.  Unless you were doing something very silly I can't see an off duty police officer ever doing this.  He would just take your number and report it.

There seem to be more and more cases of fake police incidents mentioned in news papers.  I would think twice about ever just stopping at the side of the road for a plain police car even if blue lights came on.  I would drive to a place of safety first.

I've always questioned the real value of plain highway patrol cars for this reason.

perhaps you could post up the video so we can see the whole truth and nothing but the truth :d

id be livid if that happened to me. i have mixed views on the police they do a difficult job but things like this are out of order and serve to destroy any confidence other hard working police generate.

start here

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/complaints

and also log it with the local station in case its fake.

if no joy start splashing it about the social media and tabloids. im sure some of those would be well up for a bit of it.

Plod "Any idea why I stopped you sir ?"

Innocent Party "Yes officer.... you want to see how tall I am"

Plod "Oh I see sir..... GET OUT"

Innocent Party..... "Told Ya....."

No groans please.......

Nem.......

Did he realize you had it on vid? If not he'd never make CID  :laugh:

You need to make sure you are squeaky clean if you do report him.  If you moved over the speed limit to overtake, or graced a solid white line, or flicked the v's etc then you will end up in trouble too.  It won't be a case of "but he was worse guvna.. just look at the tape, see!"