New guy fancying a Seight, eBay cat D repaired?

MarkieM8

buy tiggers his is on a normal plate.  then he will buy mine :yes:

tigger get your finger out :laugh: :laugh:

mines a Q plate so wouldn't want you to be turned :p

Much better bet to buy Tigger's car, you can be assured it will have been really well looked after and have the right bits on it and not stupid chav 17" wheels.

Much better bet to buy Tigger's car, you can be assured it will have been really well looked after and have the right bits on it and not stupid chav 17" wheels.

No, no Chav wheels but the driver.................................??????????????????? :suspect:

So if I was to go and look at this catD motor what should I be looking for, I'd want it to be ramped so I could have a damn good look under it.

I do like that one as it has a nice looking ass, colour is good, wheels are nasty tho.

Did anyone actually see the damage to it?

Definitely looks like it! Very nice. And the very rare Japanese market forged BBS wheels too. Miss my s2000!

Well spotted on the wheels. :)

There's a handy little guide here, that will cover som of it...

Cheers, I've got lots of reading to do when I'm bored at work.

Just out of pure curiosity, how much is a chassis for one of these if it is bent and would it have to be IVA tested again if it had the chassis changed?

Not sure on the chassis, see Steve d earlier post in the link. An independent check would tell you if its been repaired if you cant spot it.When you ask about the car, ask for a build sheet and dyno print out for the engine. If its a 3.5 with Carb and cast manifolds, its suspect for 235bhp unless it revs to space with a wild camshaft which this engine doesn't really do easily. Even then I would be surprised to see much more than a genuine 160 to 180 from it. It will sound great, still go well with lots of torque so its not slow by any question just not 235bhp.

If you return a damaged chassis to Westfield then they will let you have the same chassis number on a new one so no issues with regulators and no testing after rebuild. 

Don't know what experience you have of Westfield but, as Dave said above, it's a very different car to your Honda with a lot less creature comfort and user friendliness weather-wise.  More fun but less civilised - I run an MX5 as well because the memsahib won't go in my Westfield.

Yes I know it'll be a completely different kettle of fish compared to the Honda, it's only gonna be a weekend/dry weather toy, I know my consumption of flies and grit would go up 100% .

I fancy a different sounds track from a screamer to a rumble.