Pre 1995 Fireblade engine (893cc)

msisleman

Hi,

I'm anticipating having massive issues meeting the CAT 1 emission thresholds for IVA with my carbed 1997 919cc Blade engine, so wanted to put a feeler out to see if anyone has a working pre 1995 Fireblade engine sitting around spare at all please, either for me to buy, or borrow for a large amount of beer tokens?

Thanks,

Craig.

Thanks Craig, I've emailed him and a few others on LCB. He's asking £500 which is well above my budget.

Craig.

Just a thought - if the difference in power between the 893 and 919 isn't overwhelming (which I don't think it is?), could you consider selling the 919 to fund a reliable 893 and then squeeze more power out of it? Or,  further down the line, upgrade the engine to something that might offer you more worthwhile gains?

I built a VBlade with the 893 lump, just to pass sva, then changed after, it that helps?

The plan is to fit the 893 purely for IVA, as my 919 runs great.

Craig.

Bump.

I would also like to get hold of an AB baffle plate for 893/919 engine, and billet sump if possible (baffle plate is the main thing though).

Thanks,

Craig.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry YP, only just seen this thanks. I am sorted now yes, cheers.

Well done.  If/when you decide to get rid of your 893, let me know.

Great - will do! Hopefully within the coming months.

• 1 month later...

Bump, 893cc Blade engine now still needed! Please get in touch if anyone has anything.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.