Trailer Wanted

B.RAD

Hi All

I'm looking for a trailer, must suit a wide body Westfield running 8" rear wheels but otherwise I'm not too worried about its spec.

I would really like electric movers fitted as I have a very restrictive road and driveway, but can retro fit these.

Please let me know what you have or if you have any advice for me.

Thanks

Barny

Apart from the usual places for sale adverts, keep an eye on raceandrallied.com 

• Like 1

A bit of research suggests it's a Brian james minno that I need, open to anything please...

The main thing I learnt about minno's (and possibly clubmans) is that they should accommodate wide westies (potentially even wide track ones) however those running small wheel offsets could sometimes mean they won't fit.  In such cases people have opted to have a spare set of wheels/tyres just for trailer loading. I guess this is fine for relatively infrequent use but it would get my goat for anything more.

Probably best to arrive at any viewing arrived with your measurements rather than a best guess approach  :yes:

Brian James seems to be the merc of trailers, PRG are also well regarded.  I don't think others should necessarily be discounted e.g woodford..

HTH  :)

• Like 1

Thanks, it does help, I just had my car in Martin's Minno Shuttle and it was a perfect fit :t-up:

My main issue is that it MUST fit in my garage, which is limited in length. A minno looks like it might just fit, a folding hitch would be perfick :)

So come on, you don't really need that trailer taking up space on your drive do you.....??

The minno has two bed lengths if my memory serves me well. Mine fits in the garage ok but you will need to check what you have against the overall lengths and widths. There is a folding "A" frame version but have only seen the odd photo.

Bob

Mini was discontinued last year and the new range have some far wider bed options. What's your budget?

Can't see your location as on mobile but welcome to come and have a look at my trailer in Brentwood, Essex (is the BJ Minno replacement, 2014 model)

Budget is under negotiation with SWMBO!! I'll need to fit electric movers so have to bear that in mind. Thanks for the offer of inspecting yours Boombang, very kind, I think I'm happy with dimensions etc I just need the right one to come up for sale!

The folding hitch/a-frame is what I would like Bob, but while Brian James have photos of it in their brochure, there's no mention of it anywhere on the spec or price lists. I'll give them a call later.

What info do you have on power movers. I'm sure they are available but haven't actually seen any as yet. Got them on my caravan and were a godsend.

Bob :d

BCF

Do you really need movers?  they are quite expensive / heavy.  Why not an electric winch at the back of the garage if uphill into your drive

Barney, I get debbie to push mine into the workshop - they aint that heavy and they have wheels on to make it easier :-0

They're not heavy when the brake drums are not stuck on. A real fitness test otherwise ! This does happen with only occasional use.

Always good to have space near the wheels to bash with a mallet when it'd been in the garage over winter :-) check clearance in you garage first.

I've been suprised by quite how much trailers of the same bed size can vary in weight between manufacturers.

I stored Dave's (Darve) single Axle BJ for a few months last year and had it sat in my back garden alongside my Woodford lightweight. On level ground (grass) I could easily manhandle my Woodford to a different position so as to mow the grass under it but conversely it would take two of us to be able to pull Dave's trailer. Looking at the specs and Dave's trailer weighs in at 500kg empty whereas mine is only 320kg.

Granted mine hasn't got the load capacity to carry anything much heavier than a westfield whilst the BJ will happily take the weight of a family saloon car and also has the advantage of pull out ramps and a centre deck, but if manoeuvrability is a key consideration then I'd recommend checking out the weights of the trailers from different manufacturers.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.