2015 WSCC/ Northampton Motorsport Speed Series Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Yes thats correct but send Nick a PM to be absolutely certain

• 2 weeks later...

Until the MSA ratify our Regs can I suggest that you either enter the Speed Series using the Online application or the Draft form and send it to Nick asap

REGS ARE NOW FINAL AND ARE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS POST, PLEASE DOWNLOAD FROM THERE AS THERE HAVE BEEN MINOR CHANGES.

In summary.

1) rules regarding engine cc, now removed, but likely to be introduced in 2016

2) minor change to who has final say on Novice status.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick - just got the pack through.

Muchly Ta for including a WSCC Speed Series Nomex badge - a fantastic addition! :) :)

Hi Nick

Newbie question - just reread the regs and trying to understand the points scoring rules, at Rockingham everyone in class B beat the target time so should everyone score 102 points? It's not clear in the regs, just says if you beat target time you get 102 points, but not what happens in the event of everyone beating target!

Cheers

Barny

see 1.6 c

Explains the points you get to a max of 102 when beating target time.

It is a simple points equal percentage improvement calculation

Nick - just got the pack through.

Muchly Ta for including a WSCC Speed Series Nomex badge - a fantastic addition! :) :)

I thought everyone would like them, we had them about 10 years ago, so felt it was time to bring them out again, but this time in Nomex.  :d  :d

• Like 1

Hi Nick

Newbie question - just reread the regs and trying to understand the points scoring rules, at Rockingham everyone in class B beat the target time so should everyone score 102 points? It's not clear in the regs, just says if you beat target time you get 102 points, but not what happens in the event of everyone beating target!

Cheers

Barny

As David has said it's a % applied to the times compared with target times. Tigger and I need to go through it and make sure we have got it exactly right as it's simple in concept, but complex in application.

• Like 1

Great thanks for the explanation guys, I'm not worried about the points just trying to get my head around it all!

Had a brilliant day at Rockingham and can't wait for the next one! :d

Great thanks for the explanation guys, I'm not worried about the points just trying to get my head around it all!

Had a brilliant day at Rockingham and can't wait for the next one! :d

John Williams did a really good analysis of it for his last years results, where at each venue he graphed his points and he could see a gradual improvement during the year. This is a great way of looking at it as you are comparing only your progress, not others. Give it a try.