2015 WSCC/ Northampton Motorsport Speed Series Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

With an eye on competitors planning ahead and ideas for future projects: Will the revised engine rules for stroked/de-stroked engines in classes C and D and the 1800cc capacity cap for C definitely be carried over to 2016? Or failing that, is there a point in the year that there will/can be a 'freeze' on something like that?

Given how early our season starts, if some planning or even building has started on a new car before Christmas it doesn't give much time to change something as involved as an engine potentially. Even just getting a car to a reputable rolling road for some mapping etc can eat up most of the time between new year and the season starting, let alone the delivery time for some drivetrain parts if they are not totally off the shelf spec.

Dave & everyone else.

For me this year will be about having a very open debate about this whole class issue and getting the competitors involved in that discussion, then reaching a final conclusion hopefully well before the regs are written for 2016. So I would like to see the discussion start in April when we know who all the registered competitors are and be finished by say July. Then the whole class thing should be set in stone for at least 3 to 5 years. We all know that it will be impossible to please everybody, but hopefully by open debate we can get to a good conclusion. That may even be to stick with what we have got, who knows, we will just have to see where it goes.

But when it's done it's done and anyone moaning will get short shrift particularly from me, so you have been warned. Take an active part in the discussion, but accept the result. !!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick and concise reply Nick. :)

Ohh I can't wait to go sprinting! All this talk of it and no driving is frustrating.

• Like 1

Dave & everyone else.

For me this year will be about having a very open debate about this whole class issue and getting the competitors involved in that discussion, then reaching a final conclusion hopefully well before the regs are written for 2016. So I would like to see the discussion start in April when we know who all the registered competitors are and be finished by say July. Then the whole class thing should be set in stone for at least 3 to 5 years. We all know that it will be impossible to please everybody, but hopefully by open debate we can get to a good conclusion. That may even be to stick with what we have got, who knows, we will just have to see where it goes.

But when it's done it's done and anyone moaning will get short shrift particularly from me, so you have been warned. Take an active part in the discussion, but accept the result. !!!

Are we going to start a fresh thread to discuss this Nick, or would you like my thoughts here ?

Totally fresh thread. Not comments yet please until I start it up in April. 

And another one ;-

One more question when I joined WSCC I don't think I recieved a membership card so just wondered how I prove at signing on I'm a member of the club. 

In March before the first event, I will send out a Speed Series Pack, this includes a Membership/ Speed Series Card to use when signing on. It also includes your Championship stickers which must be displayed on the car. Together with Sponsor sticker (please display) and any other goodies I can get for you.  :d  :d 

So, in the vent that a WSCC member wants to compete, but not register for the speed series, how does one go about getting a membership card?

So, in the vent that a WSCC member wants to compete, but not register for the speed series, how does one go about getting a membership card?

You ask me nicely and I run you one off when I do the others in March  :d

Thats good Nick - does that mean I can just do the "social events" without having to register for the whole speed series ?

Thats good Nick - does that mean I can just do the "social events" without having to register for the whole speed series ?

No, you can only do WSCC Blyton without registering for the Speed Series. Any other event priority is given to registered Speed Series drives.

So far it looks like you could do Rockingham as they invite the club rather than SS registered competitors. I'd therefore guess that Harewood will be the same as it's a BARC event.

I recon the speed series is good value to enter even if you just end up doing 1 or 2 events and who knows you might find things pan out differently and you have time / money / motivation to do more than you anticipated.  You are also supporting it for the time another year when you can do more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick just to clarify after reading the regs can you confirm that in class F you can change your front suspension mounting points from standard westfield possition on frame.ie can i move the top mount to above the frame to get a better angle for shock movement.

3.2 Classes A,B,C,D,E and F must comply with MSA Yearbook Regulations S.11 and

the following additions:-

Suspension pick-up points shall remain as Westfield manufacture for coil over shock

absorber in Classes A, B, C and D.