JK Seats on fully forward runners.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Afternoon Craig.

Thanks for mentioning the wheels. That was an utter farce and cost me an utter fortune more than I had allowed for.

I have not had the chance to go for a proper run with the wheels now the bodywork was cot down but the short journey that I did it seemed ok.

My enthusiasm shows no bounds.....the girlfriend is doing her nut. I have spent over £5000 in as many months and at present I am looking at the following.

New seats.

Indoor Carcoon Veloce in size small.

New vinyl flooring so I can take out the carpets.

When I bought the car, there was nothing wrong with the car and my eyes lit up when I saw her.....Just cannot stop this infernal spending though.

With regard to everyone's great advice, the best way forward is for me to definitely visit the boys at JK and I have already planned a picnic at the singing ringing tree as a stop over on the way. [do a search as its easier than explaining.].

They don't have a showroom or fancy workshop and I would most definitely advise ringing them to arrange a viewing of a few seats as they may have them available ready to go out. They are very accommodating but also a very small manufacturer.

Bob

Size wise I had a pair of N3943 supplied with my car, but they were way too tight in the hip area for me so sold them on.

For reference I'm a '34 waist and circa 14stone.

Buttercup

drop me a pm when you're heading over to JK.

If I'm about, live a couple of miles from singing ringing tree, and have JKs you could see/try.

I spoke to Jordan yesterday & ordered 2 seats with the bases & he's going to drill the base for runners & fit captive nuts so they can be bolted straight in if I want depending on the height when

I get them. I would have liked some tillets but they are twice the price & I just can't wait to get it on the road.

Mine waiting to be fitted before my son nabs them for a gaming seat!! Going to fit OMP runners for both sides.
  • Like 1

They look lovely seats.

ONLIESTSMEG

Thankyou so much for your kind offer. I will let you know when we are going over.

Yep, make sure as Bob says that Jordan at JK is fully aware of when you're coming and what you need to try/see. Don't turn up in your Sunday best either, it's not a factory, it's not a showroom, it's a small, very busy almost old fashioned workshop, where grp laminating work is fairly constantly being carried out! Oh and if it's anything like it used to be, you'll be high the first ten minutes of your drive home from breathing in the fumes!!!

But as I said before, they couldn't be more helpful, or nicer people to deal with and will go the extra mile to make sure everything is right for you. They've got good knowledge of what works for Westfields as well. (Ie seat combinations that will fit the different width passengers and drivers sides of the cockpit, yet still look like a matched pair of seats.)

Ok here goes still a bit of a nooby at photos as they all seem too small but here goes size isn't everything.

JK drivers seat rear brace Dec 2014

JK Drivers seat side Of base Dec 2014

JK drivers seat side view Of base Dec 2014

Lets see what they are like

Bob :d

They seem ok, showing rear brace attachment  then the new base and corner support.

Clansman like the choice of style and colour for the pads :love:, same as mine.

Westfield build Day 59 upper seat belts July 15th 2009

• Like 6

That looks significantly better Bob, specially if thicker. I like the new upper brace section too; The one part of my (fixed mount style) that really annoyed me, yet seemed hardest to fix by bolting to the car, was the flex across the shoulders, that looks like it would significantly reduce it.

i had a set of JK seats really early on. and i can say they did flex. Mine also collapsed on the back corner of the drivers box section.

JK fixed them with no cost at all and the fix was substantially better. When i first went to see them they were just moving from a fixed seat to one on runners and i think my first set were just a early design. the bracing in those pics looks much more than it used to be.

i changed from JK seats to normal WF ones as the seats are pretty big and i felt high in the car. (some one from the club had them off me) maybe this was also due to them being early on and they have resized them a bit?? who knows?

anyway they were very good and super comfy, they filled up with water easy when it rained. better than the WF seats i have at the mo but just looked odd to me due to their size.

a bit of me regrets changing them but hey it is what it is. i would recommend them without question

Great minds and all that Bob.......have you fitted spacers between the runner and seat? trying to see in your pict.....exactly the same strengthening as mine. Can't wait to get them fitted and sat in the car

Campbell  

Campbell,

Matches my sleigh, yep you need to get them fitted before they are reallocated. I do have a thin spacer between the runner and the seat base I recall that was to allow the sliders sufficient clearance to move, a little trial and error will confirm and depends on your runners. Fitting the seats was a bit of a faf as everything is out of sight and with very little clearance either side it takes a lot of setting up over the range of travel and then checking before drilling the holes in the wrong place. I guess its a place into position and mark the datums so that a template of the fixing bolts can be used. As someone else said earlier I also had the floor fixing bolts from the runners welded into the runners to stop them turning and give me something solid to work with. I have to admit to making the cardinal sin of introducing additional weight by having strengthening plates under the dropped floor so that any flex in the floor is not amplified by the movement in the seat due to loading. With the new rear bracing this hopefully becomes pretty much unnecessary. When you consider the strength of the seat is required when cornering and accelerating, if you have to hit something all the load would go onto the seat belts unless you go off backwards of course lets hope that never happens.

Cheers

Bob

• Like 1

Ok here goes still a bit of a nooby at photos as they all seem too small but here goes size isn't everything.

Lets see what they are like

Bob :d

They seem ok, showing rear brace attachment then the new base and corner support.

Clansman like the choice of style and colour for the pads :love:, same as mine.

Nice seats the same has I've just ordered

Where did you get the harness from ?

Afternoon All

I had a long chat with the boys at JK Composites and I am going from Scarborough to Southport within the next few days in Buttercup for a fitting for a pair of seats. I discussed the shaking of the seat and that has all been sorted and I discussed my child bearing hips and stumpy legs and they said that none of that was a problem.

Really looking forward to getting these seats and I would like to say a big THANKYOU for everyone's time and brilliant advice.