My Rustfield

captain pedro

seems abit of a strange post .he shouldn't be to hard to contact as his contact numbers are on a post from july when he was selling a hood

Considering the age of my car I really don't have a lot of rust. However one of the problems with this type of car is that parts are exposed to view which on a more conventional car wouldn't be so readily visible. Front suspension and steering gear is an obvious example, also the bottom of the rollover bar where it bolts down to the top of the chassis.

In comparison, earlier this year we had my wife's MX5 ('58 plate, same age as my Westie) Waxoiled underneath on the advice of a friendly MOT technician. I only knew it was desirable because he left the car on the lift and invited me to come and have a look underneath. Virtually all the underside metal work had surface rust on it rather than paint. My Westie certainly isn't like that.

So, is this a windup or not? ???  ???  ???

I vote for wind up.

When I built my first car in 1999, then stripped it completely after my little whoopsy 7 years later, there was very little rust and it had been a year round car.

Off on a tangent, but great bit of contradiction in that ad - "RUNS A1" and "THE ENGINE HAS A LIGHT KNOCK POSSIBLE BOTTOM END" in the same ad.

Incredible....

Powder coating can be an issue if the base metal not properly blasted etc.

You can see issues on many things everyday.

It may be that Westfield had a chassis and the external coaters didn't do a good job but I can't see Westfield not making some offer if it was such a problem.  

If you want to see rust look at the suspension on most Elises or some TVRs

More information (evidence) required to substantiate the claim.

The only rust I had on my 1994 Westie, was a small amount of surface rust on the rear chassis rails. Not bad for a 20 year old car  ;)

I can well believe it .

powder coating on all suspension and other parts were rusty under the powder coating when I picked up my v8 4 years ago .

but Simon did replace the parts several times. unfortunely we had to come to a understanding and I got a credit note and had the suspension redone at a local powder coater who could do a proper job

• 2 weeks later...

Tvr glen selling sheds r us

I can only assume that the OP was a wind up - no response since, no photo's, no other posts (deleted?) - nothing

Tvr glen selling sheds r us

?? ???

For the record, the OP has emailed me several days ago saying it is genuine and offering to send me a copy of the report.  I replied saying I would be happy to see this report and help any way I could, but that the club would remain neutral and not take sides.  I have yet to receive this report or a reply.  I will of course keep you all appropriately advised.

For the record, the OP has emailed me several days ago saying it is genuine and offering to send me a copy of the report.  I replied saying I would be happy to see this report and help any way I could, but that the club would remain neutral and not take sides.  I have yet to receive this report or a reply.  I will of course keep you all appropriately advised.

that would be an interesting read. (when it becomes ok to do so)