A half-day driving experience with Westfield Sportscars (£89) Wowcher

CrisisWolf

As per subject: http://shar.es/13xBG1

A half-day driving experience with Westfield Sportscars (£89) through Wowcher

Official Blurb for those of you that haven't seen this before:

Get into gear for a driving experience with added va-va-VROOOM, courtesy of today’s deal...

We're offering you a half-day driving experience for just £89, saving you 53% off Westfields Sportscars' price of £189.

Located at either Donington or the legendary Silverstone, Westfield Sportscars' adrenaline-fuelled driving experience is the perfect treat for any motor-mad petrol head! Today's deal will see you enjoy a four-hour experience, beginning with an introduction and and course demonstration from your experienced instructor - then it's time to burn some rubber! You'll get to tear up two mirrored courses, practice head-spinning figures of eight and finish off with two more courses!

Dates:

• 13th, 14th, 27th and 28th March 2015
  • 10th, 11th, 24th and 25th April 2015
  • 8th 9th, 29th and 30th May 2015​

Get yourself booked in, they're fantastic fun to do!

Already done! Was tempted when they did the offers back in October. Guy who bought my wheels off of me (who has a Westfield as well!) did it and said it was the best thing he has done.

Yep, after a decade of ownership, did one last April, I enjoyed it so much, I immediately booked into the May slot!

Will probably have another go this year too :d

Yep is great, I plan to do another this year and will rope a few friends in too!

Booked!Just waiting to confirm date.Donnington for me,anybody else up for it?

Hard to give a definitive yes without knowing what she's like, but I'd have thought she be fine. 

We we had one or two very new drivers on the two half days I've done.

The reality is, the cars are very long geared, so it's basically stick it in first and go. If you're changing gear, you're doing it wrong. Likewise, if you're using the brakes, other than at the start line and the finish, you're doing it wrong, it's all accelerator and steering. And because it's new to most of the attendees, many are also at the same or at least similar level, regardless of age or general driving ability/experience.

The instruction is good, and if anyone lacks confidence, they can ask the instructor to hop back in with them. (The instructor does a few circuits with you to show you the layout and what to do, before swapping seats, and in many case, shouting instruction from the side of the course.

The cars are specially set up to slide easily, so it's all done at relatively low speeds and safely in a controlled environment.

I'd have also said yes - the instructors reckoned females usually took on board the instruction better, rather than blokes who go 'yeah yeah whatever I know what I'm doing! *testosterone powwweerrrr*', thus got more out of the day.

• Like 1

Booked!Just waiting to confirm date.Donnington for me,anybody else up for it?

My voucher doesn't come thru until 19th for some reason. I'll probably opt for Silverstone tho - its about the same distance but Donnington is a boring motorway drive all the way!

I'm sure she would be fine

Instruction is great

And you can go as slow or hard as you are comfortable with

It will do wonders with her understanding of car control and recovery

It's the best 4 half days I've had in a car

CrisisWolf,my voucher due on the 19th,as well.No motorways on my route to Donnington,just dual carriageways.

Would like to do this but its a loooooong way for me, pity it wasn't at Knockhill 

Voucher code arrived in my inbox this morning,phoned Westfield & I am booked on the afternoon session on the 24th April 2015 at Donnington Park.Anybody else there on that day?

Do you think this would be suitable for my 18 year old daughter?

She's only passed her test 6 months ago?

Yep, have seen similar on the occasions that I've been on these.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.